Transferring files/pix on an older Mac laptop

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys;
Came back to the Android world by picking up a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Loving the look and feel of ICS.
But do have a small question.
I am currently using a Apple powerbook G4 laptop running OSX 10.4.11.
Is there a way that i can see the folders on the nexus like i used to be able to do on my former SGS2?
I know that the usb mass storage and so forth is all different on the nexus in comparison to previous versions of Android OS. So with the whole "lets just put everything in 1 huge storage partition deal" seems good, Im at a loss as to how to access it on this laptop.
On the SGS2 running Android 2.3.4, i could get both the sd card and the phone storage to come up as separate drives, however, im at a loss as to what to do about getting the nexus drive(s) to show up.
Am i screwed running Tiger on this laptop or am i just not seeing the new ways of getting things to show up thru whatever settings choices on the nexus?
Appreciate any input on the situation.
Thanks
Tom

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys;
Came back to the Android world by picking up a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Loving the look and feel of ICS.
But do have a small question.
I am currently using a Apple powerbook G4 laptop running OSX 10.4.11.
Is there a way that i can see the folders on the nexus like i used to be able to do on my former SGS2?
I know that the usb mass storage and so forth is all different on the nexus in comparison to previous versions of Android OS. So with the whole "lets just put everything in 1 huge storage partition deal" seems good, Im at a loss as to how to access it on this laptop.
On the SGS2 running Android 2.3.4, i could get both the sd card and the phone storage to come up as separate drives, however, im at a loss as to what to do about getting the nexus drive(s) to show up.
Am i screwed running Tiger on this laptop or am i just not seeing the new ways of getting things to show up thru whatever settings choices on the nexus?
Appreciate any input on the situation.
Thanks
Tom

They make you download some Android File Transfer app. Plug it in, see if you can download that, and go. If not, then I'm not sure; put them on a USB, go to another computer, swap?

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
the android transfer file for download is for osx 10.5 or higher. wont work on 10.4.11 . . . . .. . or has someone tried it and it still works despite it saying its for 10.5 or higher?

**EDIT** Downloaded the file transfer program onto this laptop. It downloaded and so forth, but upon launching it, it said it wouldnt work on this version of OSX. So is there any other work around or will i just have to do some sorta hybrid circus act?
thanks
tom

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Found AirDroid. That seems to work ok. Kinda slow, but guess that has something to do with the speed of the wifi router more than anything. Will use this until/unless someone has a better/faster option.
Thanks
Tom