Ok, where are all these updates I was promised?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Fact: Unsatisfied people make the same noise as 1,000 satisfied people. In this particular case it may be 1,000,000.

The problems outlined in these fori haven't been loud enough to even make the tech press much less the main stream press. And, in fact, many problems expressed here are on phones where the owner chose to void the warranty.

It's a non-story.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you think that getting an update on launch day and getting another one less than 3 months later isn't 'timely', I would suggest that an iPhone is a device better suited to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you either didn't read my post, or more likely than not, didn't understand a word of it- thank you for the iPhone insult though. Time is relative. For those not having any problems, 3 months may seem quite acceptable. For those of us with these problems, 3 months is a very, very long time to go waiting on a fix for issues that are core to the way we use our devices. And are you really considering the launch day update an update? It was something that should have shipped with the device.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Fact: Unsatisfied people make the same noise as 1,000 satisfied people. In this particular case it may be 1,000,000.

The problems outlined in these fori haven't been loud enough to even make the tech press much less the main stream press. And, in fact, many problems expressed here are on phones where the owner chose to void the warranty.

It's a non-story.

I'm not even going to argue this anymore after this post, because some people are posting the equivalent of "nuh uhs" to anything we say. So this problem didn't make the tech press, or main stream press? And it was never acknowledged, and they didn't decide to release an update that "fixed the bar issue" (which doesn't fix the signal issue but I digress)? I guess I imagined all that? Posts like yours do absolutely nothing positive for this community, so congratulations.

Verizon confirms Galaxy Nexus 'signal strength issue,' says a fix is in the works -- Engadget

Verizon Wireless Confirms Galaxy Nexus Signal Problems | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

You're right, CNN didn't do an emergency story on it, I guess they had more important things to do than report on signal issues on a phone for Verizon. Please stop posting nonsense.

Reactions: GNex Girl

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you either didn't read my post, or more likely than not, didn't understand a word of it- thank you for the iPhone insult though. Time is relative. For those not having any problems, 3 months may seem quite acceptable. For those of us with these problems, 3 months is a very, very long time to go waiting on a fix for issues that are core to the way we use our devices. And are you really considering the launch day update an update? It was something that should have shipped with the device.

Of course its an update.

Frankly, you expect far too much if you're complaining that it should have already had a second major update. The problems you guys have are neither as widespread nor as severe for most users as is being claimed.

In other words, chill. The update is coming. Having unreasonable expectations and complaining because you don't understand that the process right now IS faster than what you would get with any other handset is not helping anyone. Its a waste of time and energy for everyone involved.

Reactions: crzycrkr

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course its an update.

Frankly, you expect far too much if you're complaining that it should have already had a second major update. The problems you guys have are neither as widespread nor as severe for most users as is being claimed.

In other words, chill. The update is coming. Having unreasonable expectations and complaining because you don't understand that the process right now IS faster than what you would get with any other handset is not helping anyone. Its a waste of time and energy for everyone involved.

The point of a tech forum: Dissemination of information.

When you have a problem with something, you typically search for answers to see 1) if other people have the same problem or if it is unique to you, and 2) if there is a solution. Some people are using this forum as intended. Some people are using this forum as a junior high debating platform. If you don't have the problem, great for you. Shut up about it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

When you have a problem with something, you typically search for answers to see 1) if other people have the same problem or if it is unique to you, and 2) if there is a solution. Some people are using this forum as intended. Some people are using this forum as a junior high debating platform. If you don't have the problem, great for you. Shut up about it.

Judging by your rather limited posts so far, you are not using them for either of your first two options.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The problems you guys have are neither as widespread nor as severe for most users as is being claimed.

Lol, so do I need to go back and refresh your memory of when you were posting about the poor signal on your Galaxy Nexus and looking for an update? Now it's the "problems you guys have"???

C'mon man!

One of the several...

Well, in response to that I should tell you that I'm probably exchanging my nexus for a rezound tomorrow. I don't think a lot of the criticism leveled against the nexus is fair, but I'm also more than willing to acknowledge the nexus' faults.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And another...

Exactly. I have the GN now, and the radios are killing me. I love ICS, but I also love being able to get a constant 4G connection in my house, which I currently can't get with the GN.

Much bigger issue???

Well, when you have to do this continuously in order to have a usable device, it's a much bigger issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are many more of you complaining about the GN (right after release day) and now, according to you, we're all unreasonable for wanting an update within 3 months of release? At least I gave it a couple months before I got tired of my phone not working as it is supposed to.

Based off your posting history you like to argue just to argue.

Last edited:

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just unlock and root the dang phone.... they did release a update it's 4.0.4. So easy to put on it's a sin to be complaining..

Sent using text to speech Galaxy Nexus.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol, so do I need to go back and refresh your memory of when you were posting about the poor signal on your Galaxy Nexus and looking for an update? Now it's the "problems you guys have"???

C'mon man!

One of the several...

And another...

Much bigger issue???

There are many more of you complaining about the GN (right after release day) and now, according to you, we're all unreasonable for wanting an update within 3 months of release? At least I gave it a couple months before I got tired of my phone not working as it is supposed to.

Based off your posting history you like to argue just to argue.

Want to know what I discovered after using the Rezound, Nexus, and Razr all in the same area? Its the NETWORK not the phone. I was able to replicate the issues EXACTLY on all three phones.

If you were having issues prior to your return period being up, you have ZERO right to complain about anything.

You are a whiner, plain and simple. If you had any other phone, you'd be waiting much, much longer than three months for updates. So stop whining and chill.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Whining because your phone hasn't gotten an update yet is not using the forum as it was intended.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Want to know what I discovered after using the Rezound, Nexus, and Razr all in the same area? Its the NETWORK not the phone. I was able to replicate the issues EXACTLY on all three phones.

If you were having issues prior to your return period being up, you have ZERO right to complain about anything.

You are a whiner, plain and simple. If you had any other phone, you'd be waiting much, much longer than three months for updates. So stop whining and chill.

Maybe you're a certified verizon cell phone tester and your testing holds more weight than the other thousands of us who have the phone. However, what I found using my Thunderbolt, Bionic, RAZR and Galaxy Nexus is that the Galaxy Nexus performs much more poorly in 4G/LTE fringe areas (where my home is).

So you complain a week after getting the phone and are ok, however, I complain two months after getting the phone and I'm the whiner?

And you can't read...As I said in my original post (post that started this thread) the RAZR has had two OTA's in the three months since release. So much for your theory huh?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So you complain a week after getting the phone and are ok, however, I complain two months after getting the phone and I'm the whiner?

And you can't read...As I said in my original post (post that started this thread) the RAZR has had two OTA's in the three months since release. So much for your theory huh?

The razr is running an os that has been out for a year. That's a huge difference you can't seem to understand. Any updates the razr or rezound get are irrelevant.

As for your whining: you don't have the right to complain if you kept it beyond your return period. You made the decision, YOU live with it. But leave the rest of us alone and stop polluting our forum with your whining.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

As has been pointed out before, the RAZR is also using an OS that is more than a year old. It should never have had the problems to begin with. The GNEX is using a brand new OS. To expect the type of performance that an old OS has is silly at best.

In my opinion and from what I've experienced so far, for a brand new OS, ICS has been one of the best Android OS's so far.

Your demands and expectations for updates is unrealistic as well as unreasonable in my opinion. It fails to recognize the significant difference between the RAZR which is using an outdated OS and the GNEX which is using the latest OS.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
As has been pointed out before, the RAZR is also using an OS that is more than a year old. It should never have had the problems to begin with. The GNEX is using a brand new OS. To expect the type of performance that an old OS has is silly at best.

In my opinion and from what I've experienced so far, for a brand new OS, ICS has been one of the best Android OS's so far.

Your demands and expectations for updates is unrealistic as well as unreasonable in my opinion. It fails to recognize the significant difference between the RAZR which is using an outdated OS and the GNEX which is using the latest OS.

And as I pointed out before in reference to the point you're saying has been made before...

I would think it being a new device would be more of a reason it would need and receive quicker updates than a year old OS, don't you??? Seems there would be a lot more issues that need immediate fixing on a new OS device so they would work quicker to fix these newly discovered issues and get the updates out there. The major bugs in the year old device are worked out already and now they are just tweaking it and adding features which doesn't require quick updating anymore.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The razr is running an os that has been out for a year. That's a huge difference you can't seem to understand. Any updates the razr or rezound get are irrelevant.

As for your whining: you don't have the right to complain if you kept it beyond your return period. You made the decision, YOU live with it. But leave the rest of us alone and stop polluting our forum with your whining.

As long as I own the phone I have the right to complain. Also, I was unaware you were an owner of this forum. If you're not it is no more your forum then it is mine.

So make up your mind, you like to change your argument a lot to try and make a point. Below you say "if I had any other phone" I'd be waiting much longer. Above you say the RAZR and rezound are irrelevant. I have several other phones so which is it?

If you had any other phone, you'd be waiting much, much longer than three months for updates. So stop whining and chill.

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And as I pointed out before in reference to the point you're saying has been made before...

I would think it being a new device would be more of a reason it would need and receive quicker updates than a year old OS, don't you???
Quick is a relative term at this point. You clearly believe OTA's should be more numerous and at higher intervals than what is happening at this point.
Seems there would be a lot more issues that need immediate fixing on a new OS device so they would work quicker to fix these newly discovered issues and get the updates out there.
Again, you choose to use relative terms. What is your definition of quicker? What type of time frame is it you choose to associate with that word? Is quicker, daily? Weekly? Monthly? Do you have any ideas as to what the actual problems are? Do you know what the variables are that the Google developers are having to deal with in order to make the type of judgment call you are making? Should they push OTA's that haven't been adequately tested?
The major bugs in the year old device are worked out already and now they are just tweaking it and adding features which doesn't require quick updating anymore.
Again, unrealistic expectations on your part. The RAZR should have been completely bug free. In fact, all of the Motorola and HTC phones that were released with Gingerbread should have been. Gingerbread was months old by the time they got their hands onto the source code.

Here's the bottom line, at least for me. If you are unhappy with the GNEX, why keep it? If you are happier with the Motorola's line of products, why not stick with them?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I would think it being a new device would be more of a reason it would need and receive quicker updates than a year old OS, don't you??? Seems there would be a lot more issues that need immediate fixing on a new OS device so they would work quicker to fix these newly discovered issues and get the updates out there. The major bugs in the year old device are worked out already and now they are just tweaking it and adding features which doesn't require quick updating anymore.

You plainly don't understand how it works. The version of android the razr just got has been in the works since September. Ditto for any of its other updates.

The updates for the Nexus are being built in real time. NO other phone has the update, and Google is quite literally building it from source as we speak. That is a HUGE difference you don't quite seem to grasp.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You plainly don't understand how it works. The version of android the razr just got has been in the works since September. Ditto for any of its other updates.

The updates for the Nexus are being built in real time. NO other phone has the update, and Google is quite literally building it from source as we speak. That is a HUGE difference you don't quite seem to grasp.

Ok, you continue to use your own version of the truth to try and make your point. There are other phones that have updates past 4.0.2 that we have on the stock verizon GN (just look at the people on this thread telling me 4.0.4 is OUT and I'm stupid to not be using it). Again, you are playing loose with the facts to try and make your point.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you continue to use your own version of the truth to try and make your point. There are other phones and tablets that have updates past 4.0.2 that we have on the stock verizon GN. Again, you are playing loose with the facts to try and make your point.

Again, you don't know how it works. There is approximately one device that has been updated to ICS that isn't a Nexus or a Google experience device, and it was upgraded to the base version of the OS that Google made available to manufacturers. Its one of the quirks that happens when you have a nexus; for the first couple of months as other handsets get upgraded you may end up being a point release or two behind. But you end up leapfrogging them all later. It happened with gingerbread, and its happening with ICS.

Please do try and keep up with the facts.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you continue to use your own version of the truth to try and make your point. There are other phones and tablets that have updates past 4.0.2 that we have on the stock verizon GN (just look at the people on this thread telling me 4.0.4 is OUT and I'm stupid to not be using it). Again, you are playing loose with the facts to try and make your point.

What other phones are using 4.0.2? 4.0.4 is out if you choose to root your phone and install it. But, it is not the official release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781