galaxy nexus battery life

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had my galaxy nexus since the day it came out on verizon. I bought a Mugen extended battery (2000 MAH) and i still can't get 10 hours out of the device before it dies on me.

I'm rooted and running 4.0.4, the stock rom.

Any suggestions on what i can do?....because this is ridiculous

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had my galaxy nexus since the day it came out on verizon. I bought a Mugen extended battery (2000 MAH) and i still can't get 10 hours out of the device before it dies on me.

I'm rooted and running 4.0.4, the stock rom.

Any suggestions on what i can do?....because this is ridiculous

How much do you use your phone though?

If you have your phone out and are using it for 5 hours a day, your numbers sound pretty normal.

If you barely ever touch your phone during the work day and its dying that quick, then you may have a problem.

Needs more infos! :)

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I get an average of 2 hours of screen on and 15 hours with LTE on all the time syncing everything. It may be due to your purchase of a third party battery. OEM batteries are usually 95% on thier utilization of thier listed mAh where as third party batteries can be as low as 70%. You may find that you get better battery life on an OEM with less mAh. Try with your original battery and see what you get. I believe that Verizon is still running their 50% off accessories sale so the 2100 mAh OEM would be $25.

Reactions: austinmueller99

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you streaming videos etc during the on screen time? I have noticed streaming video kills my battery faster then anything else, even over wifi. I am currently at 7 hr 54 min on Battery with 50% left. i am still on stock 4.0.2. My screen on time has only been 51 min. All i have done today is look at friendcaster a few times check 1 website for about 10min, check gmail and send a couple texts. Been at work so not much time to use the phone.

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
i don't do any streaming usually, but when i do i also notice a huge battery loss. turning the screen brightness down really helped my battery life a little bit when watching videos.

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got my first high-end smartphone......
I thought that "sleep" mode was for normal use, versus "power off". So I left my
fully charged phone on sleep mode all day.....now the battery is at about 25%
with no usage. What am I missing?

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
that's weird. Sleep mode is similar to stand-by mode and should use minimal battery power. I would suggest just turning your phone off if you're not going to use it all day. It takes probably a minute to start up, so it's not THAT big of a disadvantage to just turn it off.

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
that's weird. Sleep mode is similar to stand-by mode and should use minimal battery power. I would suggest just turning your phone off if you're not going to use it all day. It takes probably a minute to start up, so it's not THAT big of a disadvantage to just turn it off.

Thanks for the tip, but won't that also defeat the purpose of being able to respond immediately to incoming phone/text/email messages?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You could read the hundreds of threads and post. Heck bump it up thousands of post n threads with other phones. You have a super phone its made to b used and abused not pampered if u get 6- 7 hours thats normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Update: I've been told to turn my GPS off, which will help significantly. True?

It wont help at all and will then get you starting threads about how your gps takes forever to get a lock when you start it up. My gps uses .1% of my battery (assuming I don't do any navigation that day).

This is an app/apps problem. As suggested, download Badass Battery monitor and see whats eating up your juice.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
its a smartphone, plug it in when you can. Charge at night, in the car and you'll be good. Yes it could be better and it probably will. My Droid x lasted longer but I ain't going back!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: moosc
Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, but won't that also defeat the purpose of being able to respond immediately to incoming phone/text/email messages?

I didn't realize sleep mode kept the data on. That's why you aren't seeing an increase in battery because the phone still has to have on its wireless networks. I'm sure it helps a little bit with battery life, but sleep mode on phones isn't quite ready yet to be useful

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad