Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mca312
  • 1 Post By mds54
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

Default galaxy nexus battery life

I've had my galaxy nexus since the day it came out on verizon. I bought a Mugen extended battery (2000 MAH) and i still can't get 10 hours out of the device before it dies on me.

I'm rooted and running 4.0.4, the stock rom.

Any suggestions on what i can do?....because this is ridiculous
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Default Re: galaxy nexus battery life

Quote Originally Posted by austinmueller99 View Post
    I've had my galaxy nexus since the day it came out on verizon. I bought a Mugen extended battery (2000 MAH) and i still can't get 10 hours out of the device before it dies on me.

I'm rooted and running 4.0.4, the stock rom.

Any suggestions on what i can do?....because this is ridiculous
    How much do you use your phone though?

If you have your phone out and are using it for 5 hours a day, your numbers sound pretty normal.

If you barely ever touch your phone during the work day and its dying that quick, then you may have a problem.

Needs more infos!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

screen has been on for 1hr 15 minutes. and i have 43% battery remaining. Battery has been on for 5h and 17 minutes.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

screen has been on for 1hr 15 minutes. and i have 43% battery remaining. Battery has been on for 5h and 17 minutes

Thats normal. I get about 3 hrs screen on time w 2100 oem battery. But i can make that 18 hrs on one charge.
    Thanked by:

I get an average of 2 hours of screen on and 15 hours with LTE on all the time syncing everything. It may be due to your purchase of a third party battery. OEM batteries are usually 95% on thier utilization of thier listed mAh where as third party batteries can be as low as 70%. You may find that you get better battery life on an OEM with less mAh. Try with your original battery and see what you get. I believe that Verizon is still running their 50% off accessories sale so the 2100 mAh OEM would be $25.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gnex: Stock, A500 CM10 JB

Are you streaming videos etc during the on screen time? I have noticed streaming video kills my battery faster then anything else, even over wifi. I am currently at 7 hr 54 min on Battery with 50% left. i am still on stock 4.0.2. My screen on time has only been 51 min. All i have done today is look at friendcaster a few times check 1 website for about 10min, check gmail and send a couple texts. Been at work so not much time to use the phone.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Download badass battery and see what's using draining it
    austinmueller99 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

i don't do any streaming usually, but when i do i also notice a huge battery loss. turning the screen brightness down really helped my battery life a little bit when watching videos.

ROM
    Stock

I just got my first high-end smartphone......
    I thought that "sleep" mode was for normal use, versus "power off". So I left my
    fully charged phone on sleep mode all day.....now the battery is at about 25%
    with no usage. What am I missing?

If you're not getting 3 to 4 hours of screen time from your battery, you've got some apps that are not running well installed on your phone. And after market batteries suck!
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

that's weird. Sleep mode is similar to stand-by mode and should use minimal battery power. I would suggest just turning your phone off if you're not going to use it all day. It takes probably a minute to start up, so it's not THAT big of a disadvantage to just turn it off.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by austinmueller99 View Post
    that's weird. Sleep mode is similar to stand-by mode and should use minimal battery power. I would suggest just turning your phone off if you're not going to use it all day. It takes probably a minute to start up, so it's not THAT big of a disadvantage to just turn it off.

Thanks for the tip, but won't that also defeat the purpose of being able to respond immediately to incoming phone/text/email messages?
    Who? likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Update: I've been told to turn my GPS off, which will help significantly. True?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

You could read the hundreds of threads and post. Heck bump it up thousands of post n threads with other phones. You have a super phone its made to b used and abused not pampered if u get 6- 7 hours thats normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by mds54 View Post
    Update: I've been told to turn my GPS off, which will help significantly. True?
    It wont help at all and will then get you starting threads about how your gps takes forever to get a lock when you start it up. My gps uses .1% of my battery (assuming I don't do any navigation that day).

This is an app/apps problem. As suggested, download Badass Battery monitor and see whats eating up your juice.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

its a smartphone, plug it in when you can. Charge at night, in the car and you'll be good. Yes it could be better and it probably will. My Droid x lasted longer but I ain't going back!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    moosc 
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

i'm really wishing i would have waited for the razr maxx now.....i can't stand horrible battery life.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    4.0.4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mds54 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but won't that also defeat the purpose of being able to respond immediately to incoming phone/text/email messages?
    I didn't realize sleep mode kept the data on. That's why you aren't seeing an increase in battery because the phone still has to have on its wireless networks. I'm sure it helps a little bit with battery life, but sleep mode on phones isn't quite ready yet to be useful