1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto brightness(auto dim) not working

When I move from a well-lit place to a darker place, the screen does not auto-dim as it should.

The opposite works just fine. Darker place to a brighter place, the screen auto-brightens within a few seconds.

Is this a normal behavior?

I

Default Re: Auto brightness(auto dim) not working

auto brightness has never worked properly in the history of cell phones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithFarts View Post
    auto brightness has never worked properly in the history of cell phones.
    That's not quite true as I have seen a few cellphones with properly-working auto brightness.

But maybe those were "lemons"? lol
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

I was going to ask the same exact question. When I use auto-brightness on AOKP Milestone 5, the screen just doesn't dim like it did back on stock ICS. In a dark room, the screen stays bright. Is this because of some higher low-brightness threshold in the AOKP ROM? I flashed, wiped, reflashed... same story.
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

I haven't used AOKP yet myself (although that should change in the next few days), however I do know that similar ROMs have custom auto-brightness thresholds and sensitivities.

Perhaps check your settings to ensure that these values aren't simply different than what you were previously accustomed to?
    Thanked by:
    luke31 

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    I haven't used AOKP yet myself (although that should change in the next few days), however I do know that similar ROMs have custom auto-brightness thresholds and sensitivities.

Perhaps check your settings to ensure that these values aren't simply different than what you were previously accustomed to?
    Yep... there are custom brightness settings. Thanks!
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

I see this too. It's an issue that 4.0.4 fixes supposedly. Sure would be nice to get it already. I'm getting close to unlocking this thing and flashing the update floating around.