How many have you replaced?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you've had more than 3 replacements, this phone is not for you. The apps that you want to install are not going to run well on this device and you can not understand that concept. Get a phone running Gingerbread.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you've had more than 3 replacements, this phone is not for you. The apps that you want to install are not going to run well on this device and you can not understand that concept. Get a phone running Gingerbread.

Seriously dude?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Not trying to start a fight here, but I'm an experienced Android user. My first one had a cracked screen (my fault) which is why I carry insurance. 2nd phone (the insurance replacement) was a lemon. It continually dropped the data/phone signal. 3rd one, which I'm on now, is running great.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Seriously dude?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Not trying to start a fight here, but I'm an experienced Android user. My first one had a cracked screen (my fault) which is why I carry insurance. 2nd phone (the insurance replacement) was a lemon. It continually dropped the data/phone signal. 3rd one, which I'm on now, is running great.

I am serious (and not trying to start a fight either). Cracked screens from someone dropping them don't count though. That's just an unfortunate indecent. I'm talking about these people that are on their 4th, 5th, 8th, ect... phone (any phone, not just the gnex). I do not believe that many phones are faulty. These devices we have are barely phones anymore. They are complex computers running an uncontrollable number of software apps that have all gone through absolutely no quality control checks outside of whatever the developer wanted to perform. That is both the beauty and the bane of Android platform. It means we get a lot of great apps, but also a lot of garbage. The average Joe doesn't have the troubleshooting mindset to put together that all 9 of his GN phones random reboot all day long, right after he launches that chinese app that downloads free songs to his phone.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am serious (and not trying to start a fight either). Cracked screens from someone dropping them don't count though. That's just an unfortunate indecent. I'm talking about these people that are on their 4th, 5th, 8th, ect... phone (any phone, not just the gnex). I do not believe that many phones are faulty. These devices we have are barely phones anymore. They are complex computers running an uncontrollable number of software apps that have all gone through absolutely no quality control checks outside of whatever the developer wanted to perform. That is both the beauty and the bane of Android platform. It means we get a lot of great apps, but also a lot of garbage. The average Joe doesn't have the troubleshooting mindset to put together that all 9 of his GN phones random reboot all day long, right after he launches that chinese app that downloads free songs to his phone.

Well when you put it that way, I agree with you 100%. Semper Fi to you as well.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its really funny theres a vzw memo stating no swapping phones for data issues its software related and not a manufacturer defect. Also if u issues text calls etc this phone is awesome just flashed the software and that should fix it. I understand some folks are buying the nexus because of ics and have no idea the power this phone has. 95% issues are customers faults. And feel better just swapping there phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

This all day long. I've wanted to say this since the thread started but I haven't felt like starting a war. You said it best my friend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I had 3 Thunderbolts. The data radio stopped working on the first one. Wifi stopped working on the second. I was on my third one in the first month. But that third one worked perfectly until I retired it in December.

I think these phones are being made so fast that there are manufacturing problems with all brands.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my third Galaxy Nexus. The first one I got had a faulty screen - it had blotches throughout the entire screen. The replacement they gave me had a problem with the vibrating mechanism - it would make a rattling noise as if something were shaking around inside the phone. Which brings my Galaxy Nexus count to 3. Not to mention that I had made two exchanges within one week of purchasing the phone.

I HATED exchanging. It took FOREVER for them to swap my phone out. For some reason, the system wouldn't switch my line onto a new SIM card and I had to go into the store multiple times because
1) They didn't know what was going on so they just gave up and said to come in the next day - they though it had to do something with iPhones not being able to activate.
2) It would take over 5 hours for them to do it, once they finally figured out what the problem with the system was.

I'm very hesitant to return this third one. I'm having really really slow data speeds (almost 200-300 kbps slower than my old Thunderbolt and the previous GNex's I had). This is even with updating the radios to 4.0.4.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think because people are impatient for the phones to come out, manufacturers are just rushing to get them out to everyone. They need to be able to develop phones faster and ensure that they are of highest quality.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think because people are impatient for the phones to come out, manufacturers are just rushing to get them out to everyone. They need to be able to develop phones faster and ensure that they are of highest quality.

Banding made me return the first phone. This one has it too but not that bad so I am keeping it. But I blame Samsung for not having better qc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tacticalfats

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my first one (got it a few days after launch).

I only used it about a month however, before it went into a drawer in mid-January after the signal drops and atrocious battery life made it unusable for my purposes. I would've gone back to my Droid X if I hadn't sold it. Instead, I decided to test the iPhone waters, since my wife has one and it simply works and has awesome battery life. 4G speed is irrelevant, because even in a saturated 4G area, I kept it toggled off to attenuate the data drops and since it hardly ever held 4g anyway (even after a new SIM).

Yes, it's boring, but I don't miss the excitement of wondering if I'll get through the day on my two batteries.

I haven't returned or sold the gnex in hopes that a long overdue software update will fix these problems, as I don't think they are hardware related.

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
On my 2nd, a "certified like-new" refurb that is very nice. Returned my original rooted and unlocked because the USB port broke and I got an email saying vzw received my phone and all was good. On codename 1.3.3 with 4.0.4 radios and bootloader.

cgmarkie

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my first phone since it's launch. I've had a couple random restarts, but that was from apps not ready for ICS. I got rid of them and all is fine. I've also flashed 4.0.4 and like how much better it is overall compared to current stock rom (battery and responsiveness).