How many have you replaced?

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Im on my third nexus. First had the screen fail after 35 days. It developed a severe case of purple blotches everywhere. VZW Replaced it no questions asked though with a refurb.

Second phone worked great until I decided to change my number. Somewhere during the process apparently my Gnex decided it didnt want to make voice calls or text anymore, however data still worked. Baffled the hell out of tech support and the vzw store reps. Eventually the guy in the store got frustrated and said forget it, i'll just overnight you a replacement. Still cant for the life of me figure out why the phone would no longer work, even after flashing different roms, reverting to stock, etc etc...

Third phone is working great on codename android 1.3.3 running the 4.0.3 radios and Franco kernel.

Any other interesting stores out there?

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 4th device. The first two had problems connecting to data while I was in my little home town, which according to VZW is a very heavily saturated 3G area. (Moving from the Bionic to the GN, the Bionic never had a problem connecting at home) So they swapped them out, the third device worked great until the other day when it would not connect to data at all no matter where I was at. (Yes I tried swapping the sim, factory reset, the whole spiel) VZW sent me a replacement on Wednesday, one of their certified preowned deals which isn't that bad. The latest one get fairly decent reception at home and when I travel for work.

Last edited:

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd one as well. First one the screen cracked. 2nd one was an insurance replacement (brand spanking new) and it continually dropped data/phone signal. 3rd one will be here by noon today. 3rd time's the charm, right?

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd one as well. First one the screen cracked. 2nd one was an insurance replacement (brand spanking new) and it continually dropped data/phone signal. 3rd one will be here by noon today. 3rd time's the charm, right?

I sure hope the third time is the charm but if you read the post above yours... haha

AntiNorm

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second GNex. The first one would constantly drop signal, even if it had a 4-bar 4G signal. This one doesn't have that issue. It seems like there were a lot of phones that did that...I'm guessing there was a bad batch, or a manufacturing issue somewhere.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my second GNex. The first one would constantly drop signal, even if it had a 4-bar 4G signal. This one doesn't have that issue. It seems like there were a lot of phones that did that...I'm guessing there was a bad batch, or a manufacturing issue somewhere.

Yeah definitely a bad batch in manufacturing would explain that.

My current gnex gets the best signal out of all of them. Doesnt hold onto 4g quite as well but im in a low reception area and my house typically would have barely 1 bar of 3g or 1 bar of 1x. This gnex has had a steady 2 bars and the data speed seems to reflect that

Edit: After installing the 4.0.3 radios

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out which batches are bad? I remember my first couple OG Droids were pieces of crap but once I got the right refurbed one it worked great for the next year.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On my first one,got it on launch day still functioning great
When I registered it on Samsung website and entered its IEMI number I believe its birth date was 11/20 .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Still on my first (since about a week or so after it came out), and no problems so far. Wouldn't mind an official 4.0.4 update though

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
On my second, first one lost data and could never get it back after two days. Second one has all the other issues the first one had so I'm assuming those are software issues and keeping the second one.