02-12-2012 10:33 AM
35 12
tools
    Im on my third nexus. First had the screen fail after 35 days. It developed a severe case of purple blotches everywhere. VZW Replaced it no questions asked though with a refurb.

Second phone worked great until I decided to change my number. Somewhere during the process apparently my Gnex decided it didnt want to make voice calls or text anymore, however data still worked. Baffled the hell out of tech support and the vzw store reps. Eventually the guy in the store got frustrated and said forget it, i'll just overnight you a replacement. Still cant for the life of me figure out why the phone would no longer work, even after flashing different roms, reverting to stock, etc etc...

Third phone is working great on codename android 1.3.3 running the 4.0.3 radios and Franco kernel.

Any other interesting stores out there?
    02-11-2012 03:10 AM
    Nope. Still on the same device since launch day.
    BSG75 likes this.
    02-11-2012 03:27 AM
    I'm on my 4th device. The first two had problems connecting to data while I was in my little home town, which according to VZW is a very heavily saturated 3G area. (Moving from the Bionic to the GN, the Bionic never had a problem connecting at home) So they swapped them out, the third device worked great until the other day when it would not connect to data at all no matter where I was at. (Yes I tried swapping the sim, factory reset, the whole spiel) VZW sent me a replacement on Wednesday, one of their certified preowned deals which isn't that bad. The latest one get fairly decent reception at home and when I travel for work.
    02-11-2012 05:31 AM
    I'm on my 3rd one as well. First one the screen cracked. 2nd one was an insurance replacement (brand spanking new) and it continually dropped data/phone signal. 3rd one will be here by noon today. 3rd time's the charm, right?
    02-11-2012 07:25 AM
    I'm on my 3rd one as well. First one the screen cracked. 2nd one was an insurance replacement (brand spanking new) and it continually dropped data/phone signal. 3rd one will be here by noon today. 3rd time's the charm, right?
    I sure hope the third time is the charm but if you read the post above yours... haha
    02-11-2012 12:15 PM
    I'm on my second GNex. The first one would constantly drop signal, even if it had a 4-bar 4G signal. This one doesn't have that issue. It seems like there were a lot of phones that did that...I'm guessing there was a bad batch, or a manufacturing issue somewhere.
    02-11-2012 12:16 PM
    First one
    02-11-2012 12:24 PM
    I'm on my second GNex. The first one would constantly drop signal, even if it had a 4-bar 4G signal. This one doesn't have that issue. It seems like there were a lot of phones that did that...I'm guessing there was a bad batch, or a manufacturing issue somewhere.
    Yeah definitely a bad batch in manufacturing would explain that.

My current gnex gets the best signal out of all of them. Doesnt hold onto 4g quite as well but im in a low reception area and my house typically would have barely 1 bar of 3g or 1 bar of 1x. This gnex has had a steady 2 bars and the data speed seems to reflect that

Edit: After installing the 4.0.3 radios
    02-11-2012 12:26 PM
    still on my first. i assume that most of the issues are software related in terms of the 4g-3g switching
    02-11-2012 01:09 PM
    First one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-11-2012 01:13 PM
    On my second. First one just randomly stopped working overnight and wouldn't turn on.
    02-11-2012 01:38 PM
    Second but not Samsung's fault. I broke the 1st screen. Both have worked superbly.
    02-11-2012 01:47 PM
    Has anyone figured out which batches are bad? I remember my first couple OG Droids were pieces of crap but once I got the right refurbed one it worked great for the next year.
    02-11-2012 02:27 PM
    On my first one,got it on launch day still functioning great
    When I registered it on Samsung website and entered its IEMI number I believe its birth date was 11/20 .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    02-11-2012 02:53 PM
    still on my first. i assume that most of the issues are software related in terms of the 4g-3g switching
    I think its a problem on VZW's end. The switching issue is not exclusive to the GNEX.
    02-11-2012 03:06 PM
    Still on my first (since about a week or so after it came out), and no problems so far. Wouldn't mind an official 4.0.4 update though
    02-11-2012 03:17 PM
    I am still on my first. Although I'm on my second micro SIM.
    02-11-2012 03:42 PM
    On my second, first one lost data and could never get it back after two days. Second one has all the other issues the first one had so I'm assuming those are software issues and keeping the second one.
    02-11-2012 03:52 PM
    On my first but I seem to drop data a few times a day so I'll probably see if I can get it swapped soon.
    02-11-2012 04:05 PM
    I own 3. None of them have needed replacing.
    02-11-2012 04:22 PM
    If you've had more than 3 replacements, this phone is not for you. The apps that you want to install are not going to run well on this device and you can not understand that concept. Get a phone running Gingerbread.
    02-11-2012 04:26 PM
    If you've had more than 3 replacements, this phone is not for you. The apps that you want to install are not going to run well on this device and you can not understand that concept. Get a phone running Gingerbread.
    Seriously dude?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Not trying to start a fight here, but I'm an experienced Android user. My first one had a cracked screen (my fault) which is why I carry insurance. 2nd phone (the insurance replacement) was a lemon. It continually dropped the data/phone signal. 3rd one, which I'm on now, is running great.
    jroc and tacticalfats like this.
    02-11-2012 05:07 PM
    Seriously dude?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Not trying to start a fight here, but I'm an experienced Android user. My first one had a cracked screen (my fault) which is why I carry insurance. 2nd phone (the insurance replacement) was a lemon. It continually dropped the data/phone signal. 3rd one, which I'm on now, is running great.
    I am serious (and not trying to start a fight either). Cracked screens from someone dropping them don't count though. That's just an unfortunate indecent. I'm talking about these people that are on their 4th, 5th, 8th, ect... phone (any phone, not just the gnex). I do not believe that many phones are faulty. These devices we have are barely phones anymore. They are complex computers running an uncontrollable number of software apps that have all gone through absolutely no quality control checks outside of whatever the developer wanted to perform. That is both the beauty and the bane of Android platform. It means we get a lot of great apps, but also a lot of garbage. The average Joe doesn't have the troubleshooting mindset to put together that all 9 of his GN phones random reboot all day long, right after he launches that chinese app that downloads free songs to his phone.
    jroc, bigcatman and davidnc like this.
    02-11-2012 05:48 PM
    I am serious (and not trying to start a fight either). Cracked screens from someone dropping them don't count though. That's just an unfortunate indecent. I'm talking about these people that are on their 4th, 5th, 8th, ect... phone (any phone, not just the gnex). I do not believe that many phones are faulty. These devices we have are barely phones anymore. They are complex computers running an uncontrollable number of software apps that have all gone through absolutely no quality control checks outside of whatever the developer wanted to perform. That is both the beauty and the bane of Android platform. It means we get a lot of great apps, but also a lot of garbage. The average Joe doesn't have the troubleshooting mindset to put together that all 9 of his GN phones random reboot all day long, right after he launches that chinese app that downloads free songs to his phone.
    Well when you put it that way, I agree with you 100%. Semper Fi to you as well.
    02-11-2012 05:56 PM
    First one too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-11-2012 06:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD