1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova Launcher help

I got Nova before I was rooted so I lost the widget preview in the app drawer. I have since rooted and flashed 4.0.4. Beta14 for Nova says the widget preview should work with root now, but the option for it in Nova settings is still grayed out for me.
    I searched XDA forums and saw someone else had the same issue, but no one offered any help. Any suggestions what I need to do?

Default Re: Nova Launcher help

You could this:

Uninstall/delete your current Nova (first set your launcher back to the default launcher)
    Download the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip from the xda Nova page (in the first post)
    Flash the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip like you would flash a kernel (from reboot recovery, just clear cache and dalvik first...NOT a data wipe)
    After rebooting and selecting Nova as your new default, go into Nova and tell it to update.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Or go into data apps move nova to system apps then reboot this is using root explorer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Or go into data apps move nova to system apps then reboot this is using root explorer

I tried this route, but get an error that I cannot paste to system/app because it is read only...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    You could this:

Uninstall/delete your current Nova (first set your launcher back to the default launcher)
    Download the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip from the xda Nova page (in the first post)
    Flash the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip like you would flash a kernel (from reboot recovery, just clear cache and dalvik first...NOT a data wipe)
    After rebooting and selecting Nova as your new default, go into Nova and tell it to update.
    This worked, just have to reconfigure everything in Nova again now.
    Thanks to you both for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by md308 View Post
    This worked, just have to reconfigure everything in Nova again now.
    Thanks to you both for the help.
    I would think that if you had a Nova backup, it could still be restored, but I could be wrong.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB & ICS

Quote Originally Posted by md308 View Post
    I tried this route, but get an error that I cannot paste to system/app because it is read only...
    Try this make sure you have root explorer set to read/write and not read only. That is most likely why you got the error.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Drootz View Post
    Try this make sure you have root explorer set to read/write and not read only. That is most likely why you got the error.
    That was the case. Thanks for the tip!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

U know right after u set up go into nova settings and back it up.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    U know right after u set up go into nova settings and back it up.

Will do!