Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By trigun123478
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    So I was running gummy nexus and the issue was happening far more than stock. So I decided to flash back to stock using the factory image. Once I re flashed back to stock I went to phone settings and changed voice privacy to off and dtmf tones to long. It has been almost two weeks and I have had several conversations over 30 mins and the problem has not happen as of yet. I will update if it does happen. So to be clear go to phone/dialer/menu/setting/ and look at voice privacy and dtmf change them to off and long. I hope this helps. I was getting the problem almost 3 to 4 times a week. Just wanted to let everyone know. let me know if it doesn't help you.
    Thanked by 3:
    Baguap08757sisblub 
    Terrigno and Poseign like this.
  2. #2  
    sisblub's Avatar

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

    Default

    I'll give it a shot and report back later in the week. Hope this fix works

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    I'll try it out also.
  4. #4  
    Poseign's Avatar
    Mobile Enthusiast

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    So I was running gummy nexus and the issue was happening far more than stock. So I decided to flash back to stock using the factory image. Once I re flashed back to stock I went to phone settings and changed voice privacy to off and dtmf tones to long. It has been almost two weeks and I have had several conversations over 30 mins and the problem has not happen as of yet. I will update if it does happen. So to be clear go to phone/dialer/menu/setting/ and look at voice privacy and dtmf change them to off and long. I hope this helps. I was getting the problem almost 3 to 4 times a week. Just wanted to let everyone know. let me know if it doesn't help you.
    That would be a very good catch if you are right. Voice privacy i think would be the culprit, dtmf tones probably not, but who knows. You could always try resetting those settings back the way they were and see if you get any dropouts :P

    Either way, good advice.
  5. #5  
    Terrigno's Avatar
    Italiano Papi

    Posts
    1,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    This is definitely a good suggestion. Since its totally different then what any of us had to offer before. But what exactly do these mean? What is DTMF Tones and what is Voice Privacy? Why would they be there? And even so, why would they be checked by default? Im not understanding it, but if this fixes the issue for people. This could very well be stickied and reported to Verzion/Google/Samsung.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    As far as ur steps are concerned I do not think this is a fix. Granted my tones haven't been set to long but I've had my voice privacy off for quite a while and still happens. However I think the culprit might not even be our phones and a potential network issue. My cut out only happens in one specific area and other phones in this area have had similar issue... Droid charge iphone and others.. as a vzw employee I have people calling me frequently with the same issue on different devices. I do believe it very well may be an issue with the network due to verizon making changes and enhancements for 4g and what not.
  7. #7  
    10001110101's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    I'll try anything at this point. It doesn't matter if I am at work or home, mine cuts out whenever it feels like it. I've had half hour conversations and been fine, I've talked for five minutes and had it happen. Verizon sent me a certified like used device, and I sent it back. Will try and report back any findings.
  8. #8  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    I will give this a try. Thanks.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    Voice Privacy is encryption of your voice signal, making it difficult for anybody to eavesdrop on your call. This is all I could find on dtmf tones. One is a lower frequencies and the other is high.

    If this doesn't fix it for you guys the only other thing that is different for me than before I flashed back to stock is gpu rendering is off. Also could it be that flashing back to stock and flashing a fresh stock image fixed it for me? idk but let's hope there is a actual fix soon.
    Last edited by trigun123478; 02-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Voice Privacy is encryption of your voice signal, making it difficult for anybody to eavesdrop on your call. This is all I could find on dtmf tones. One is a lower frequencies and the other is high.

    If this doesn't fix it for you guys the only other thing that is different for me than before I flashed back to stock is gpu rendering is off. Also could it be that flashing back to stock and flashing a fresh stock image fixed it for me? idk but let's hope there is a actual fix soon.
    Hi there, are you still free of this issue or did it ever come back?

    fyi i created a poll on xda to track this issue by location, please participate if you get a chance:




    Thanks!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default Re: For those with the Mic cutting out issue try this

    Quote Originally Posted by pchoi94 View Post
    Hi there, are you still free of this issue or did it ever come back?

    fyi i created a poll on xda to track this issue by location, please participate if you get a chance:




    Thanks!
    It came back but a little different, I have had the mic cut out where the other person can't hear me at all like twice. The problem I keep having is the person on the other end will start breaking up really badly where you get like bit's and pieces, and you have to hang up and call back. I had that happen to me about 5 times yesterday and about twice today. It seems to happen after I installed volume plus and tried to increase my speaker volume, I did uninstall it but it's still happening. Not sure what to do at this point, I mean it's gotten so bad I can barley use my phone as a phone.

Posting Permissions

B