moto elite flip and voice actions ....

none1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I have the Galaxy Nexus, and I like the voice actions, use them all the time. In my car, I have paired my GN with the motorloa Elite Flip bluetooth ... sounds great!

The elite flip (and some other headsets) has a "smart button" on it. Is there a way to macro or map the smart button on my bluetooth headset with the voice actions microphone button? I would like to not have to touch the GN while driving to send emails, text, etc., just push the bluetooth button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
you can use the voice dialer that came with your GN, or vlingo (but vlingo eats a lot of juice).

motospeak last time i tried it, didn't work on my gn, and actually caused my bionic to crash lol

i think the micro button maybe mutes it, but it also works with motospeak (which unfortunately doesn't work well on any phone lol)

hey, do you notice a slight buzzing noise on your moto elite flip? me and my buddy hear it when talking through our GN's. thanks

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would actually like to hear a bit more info on this accessory. I'm in the market for a bluetooth headset and have been eyeing this one.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
hey, do you notice a slight buzzing noise on your moto elite flip? me and my buddy hear it when talking through our GN's. thanks
Try turning down the volume on your phone itself and see if that makes it go away. If not, then try deleting the elite flip and then re-pairing it with the GNex.

Do you have Volume+ installed? If so, try playing around with the speaker and headset settings.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I would actually like to hear a bit more info on this accessory. I'm in the market for a bluetooth headset and have been eyeing this one.
I have it and really like it. I don't like an ear plug in my ear and this one has 3 choices of either one that just sits up against your ear (I use that one) or 2 other choices for in the ear.

If you don't mind something in your ear, then you could look at the Motorola Elite Silver. It is a better device than the flip, but it only has the choice of something in your ear and I can't stand that feeling.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have it and really like it. I don't like an ear plug in my ear and this one has 3 choices of either one that just sits up against your ear (I use that one) or 2 other choices for in the ear.

If you don't mind something in your ear, then you could look at the Motorola Elite Silver. It is a better device than the flip, but it only has the choice of something in your ear and I can't stand that feeling.

Yeah, I'm with you, I can't stand having something sticking inside my ear. All of my previous bluetooth headsets would start to hurt after wearing them for just a few minutes, that's part of what drew me to this one.

Thanks for the info btw, I'm thinking that I'm going to be getting it :)

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with you, I can't stand having something sticking inside my ear. All of my previous bluetooth headsets would start to hurt after wearing them for just a few minutes, that's part of what drew me to this one.

Thanks for the info btw, I'm thinking that I'm going to be getting it :)
I got mine off Amazon for $70. If you need 3 or more accessories, you can get it for $80 from VZW online.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine started doing this again and turning off Volume+ and turning down the volume on the phone didn't stop it. It is very annoying.

It doesn't happen all of the time. Sometimes it is crystal clear, other times it it not.

I have uninstalled Volume+ to make sure that is not the problem but I don't think it is.

Last edited:

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Volume+ isn't the problem. What you have to do is turn the volume on your phone way down and then use the volume controls on the headset to adjust the volume. That seems to stop the problem.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Volume+ isn't the problem. What you have to do is turn the volume on your phone way down and then use the volume controls on the headset to adjust the volume. That seems to stop the problem.

hmmm, when i adjust the volume on the headset it simultaneously adjusts it on the phone as well. i'll give it a try though, see if it works. thanks

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
hmmm, when i adjust the volume on the headset it simultaneously adjusts it on the phone as well. i'll give it a try though, see if it works. thanks
yes it does. But here is what worked for me. I used the phone volume button to put the volume on the phone down low. Then I used the headset volume controls to adjust the headset volume up to make the headset louder. This is what got rid of the problem for me.

none1

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
1) This headset sounds great. I would like it a little louder, but, sound is wonderful.

2) motospeak doesn't work on the GN. AT ALL. SO, the extra button on the elite flip seems useless .. unless someone can answer my origional question about how to map it to something useful ....

3) Voice dialer isn't .... as useful as I'd like it. And, that is mapped to the generic call button on all the bluetooth headsets I've used.

4) Google voice actions ... rock, a better siri than siri and we had it months ago. :) BUT, I want to access voice search through my shiny new elite flip headset.

IDEALY, I'd be able to do TWO things ....
A) map voice search to the extra button on the elite flip AND
B) use voice search through a bluetooth headset, but .. that's a different issue that google has had reported and has chosen not to fix, for any bluetooth headset, near as I can tell.

Alternatively, motorolla could actually fix the software they tout and use as a selling feature for the headset, to make it actually work ... currently it doesn't work on 2.3 or higher froyo or ICS according to reports ...

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
i bought the elite flip even after having read what a crapper motospeak is. it's battery life is great. i hate the annoying (and overly loud) voice that comes on when you flip to answer a call that delays you being able to hear the caller though. not surprised moto added such an imbecilic feature though.

good sound quality and battery life is why i kept it-until something better comes out.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
i hate the annoying (and overly loud) voice that comes on when you flip to answer a call that delays you being able to hear the caller though. not surprised moto added such an imbecilic feature though.
That is an idiotic feature. Who the hell wants their call to be delayed so you can be told that the phone has been connected to the headset? Just connect the damn call.

wcbratton

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I also use the elite with my GN and absolutely love it. MyMotoSpeak has been updated for ICS a seems to work well now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
BTW, did anyone try the NFC tap to pair with their elite flip? i tapped it on my GN and nothing happened lol. of course, i had NFC enabled on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek