might buy a Gnex

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
questions:

1) is the screen decent in the sun light? (not expecting a perfect view)
2) the stock battery typically should "last" 10-12 hours of moderate use?
3) does the dock (desktop) now switch to dock mode?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
All of these issues can be addressed. Screen is bright. You can use nova launcher for landscape view in the dock and you can root and flash a rom/kernel combo to get some awesome battery life from the stock battery. I always buy an extended battery but not this time around.

dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
questions:

1) I have a verizon anti-glare screen protector on my nexus, and even in the most sunlight possible I can still read my screen. The anti-glare protectors degrade veiw quality a little though, so that would be something to keep in mind. I have never looked at the screen in glare without an anti-glare protector on it so that I wouldnt know about.

2) Battery life is just MEH with 4.0.2 installed (thats what's stock on the GNEX at the moment). I havve 4.0.4 installed on mine and i could easily get 50 hours of STANDBY time out of it (meaning if i never touched my phone throughout a battery cycle). With moderate usage you should be able to do 12 hours easily as long as you arent going heavy on the gaming.

3) Not sure exactly what you mean so I cannot answer this one.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
questions:

1) The screen is pretty easy to read in sun light, one of the best screens I've seen tbh.

2) Unfortunately, "moderate use" is a relative term.... When I was completely stock, my battery would last around 11 or 12 hours of moderate use. However, now that I've rooted, and installed a new kernel and ROM, I'm getting around 27 hours on moderate use. Once again though, "moderate use" to one person could be different than to another, I'm mostly just giving you my experience.

3)Not sure on this one, I have never bought a Dock

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My screen is easy to see in the sun, though my Bionic is a bit better. Overall, the Nexus screen looks better to me than any I have seen.

When I go to bed around mid night, I usually have 30% to 50% battery left.

No idea about the dock. I always use a case, so I hate the docks...they never fit.

This is by far, the best phone I've ever owned.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
questions:

Great in the sun, I leave it on "auto"

Stock is OK but go ahead and get the extended for $25.00, it only adds about 1 mm in thickness. I make it though the day but I admit that I charge in the car when I am riding. I think battery life will keep improving with upgrades.

No dock available that uses the charging contacts, that's the one I am waiting for along with the car dock. While I am at it the Verizon car dock they had at launch seemed awful to me but I never bought it.

Most important, yes I would buy this phone again.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz