Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Tasker Profiles

Quote Originally Posted by gonzlobo View Post
    I'm considering tasker, however, a question.

Can I disable LTE at work and leave 3g running? My GN drains horribly if it's constantly searching for LTE. I can't seem to do this with CM10 Profiles or NFC.
    You can do this with the BAMF LTE toggle widget plugin.

I have a lot of similar tasks already posted. Here are some more:

Keyboard Toggle: I assign this task to a long press of the menu softkey in AOKP. It cycles between Swype, SwiftKey, and the Android Keyboard. No IME switcher dialog, just drops the current keyboard and brings up the next.

Task: Keyboard Toggle
    If %MYKB ~ 3
    Secure Settings Input Method Swiftkey
    Variable Set %MYKB = 1
    Stop
    Else If %MYKB ~ 1
    Secure Settings Input Method Swype
    Variable Set %MYKB = 2
    Stop
    Else
    Secure Settings Input Method Android Keyboard
    Variable Set %MYKB = 3
    End If

Bluetooth Check: I don't like to leave Bluetooth on all the time but still want it to automatically connect to my car when I leave the house.

Profile: BT_connected
    Context: State Bluetooth Connected : Parrot
    Task: Variable Set %BTC = 1
    Exit Task: Variable Clear %BTC

Profile: FiOS
    Context: State WiFi Connected : FiOS
    Task: Variable Set %FIOS = 1
    Exit Task: Variable Set %FIOS = 0

Profile: BT_Check
    Context: Variable Set %FIOS ~ 0
    Task: Wait 25 seconds (in case of a temporary disconnect)
    Stop if %FIOS ~ 1
    Stop if %BTC ~ 1
    Variable Set %BTCHECKING = 1
    Bluetooth On
    Wait 1 minute
    Bluetooth Off if %BTC !~ 1
    Variable Set %BTCHECKING = 0

Quote Originally Posted by xiaosong View Post
    3) Night mode task - launched with NFC tag on bedside table using NFC task launcher
    Turns up alarm volume, turns notification light off, turns down ringer, turns off vibrate, turns on auto brightness and turns off display rotation
    I'm curious how you accomplished turning off the notification light. I would dearly love to do this at night when my alarm clock app is active, but nothing I've tried so far has had any effect. And googling it hasn't gotten me anywhere either.

Hope you can offer me a way forward! Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see that it can be done.

So after looking into this a bit, one of the primary tasks I wanted to do is not available. I wanted to be able auto start the GPS when I opened Maps but that feature is disabled in the OS.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by jakeh0 View Post
    what is a good source for NFC tags to try some of these? this is very interesting to me
    I always found tasker a bit to complex to tinker with so I went NFC.
    I bought tags from Tagstand.com (great cs). Using th nfc app that they now partnered up with I have a tag by my door at home and one at work.
    I hit the tag and it turns on BT, turns off wifi starts up sirius xm and away I go.

When I get to work, it turns off radio, bt, turns on wifi and launches foursquare, and lowers my volume.

Global Posts
    2,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I always found tasker a bit to complex to tinker with so I went NFC.
    I bought tags from Tagstand.com (great cs). Using th nfc app that they now partnered up with I have a tag by my door at home and one at work.
    I hit the tag and it turns on BT, turns off wifi starts up sirius xm and away I go.

When I get to work, it turns off radio, bt, turns on wifi and launches foursquare, and lowers my volume.
    Llama ids pretty simple and works well if you want a tasker replacement.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yeah I tried Llama and liked it.
    I used to use an app called CT scheduler when on WM and on Android but they went bye bye for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rustycaterpillar View Post
    ...I wanted to be able auto start the GPS when I opened Maps but that feature is disabled in the OS.
    You can do this with the help of the Tasker plugin called Secure Settings found in the market https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ettings.plugin.

I've begun creating a profile scheduler. You can manually change your sound settings using a shortcut added to your home page or add a date and time to allow for automatic changes.
    I've only spent a few hours on it so it's not complete but it has basic functionality. This is also my first time creating scenes. If anyone is interested I can post more updates to the file when I tweak it. And if you want to see specific options added comment and I'll see what I can do.

To add it to a home page long click and select to add a Shortcut. Select Task Cut then Profiles. If your launcher supports gestures, like swiping up on a bottom bar icon, you can also set it to launch the Shortcut this way. Two automatic profiles are already created (Work and Sleep) so you'll want to change the date and times to suit your own needs. If you add a new timed schedule there are currently 3 tasks you can choose to add (NormalPro, VibratePro, SilentPro). The settings with Pro at the end mean Profile and these will be the automated settings. If you tap on one of the 3 buttons it will manually enable that setting and disable any automatic times schedules. If you long click one of the 3 buttons it will enable that setting and not turn off the automatic timed schedules. Alternately, you can click the green button to turn on/off the timed profiles.

So far the only setting available is "Close on Select" meaning if enabled it will close the main Profiles window upon selecting one of the 3 profile settings.

Installation: Download the attached file to your "sdcard/tasker" folder on your phone, open Tasker and long press on a top Projects tab, and select Import.
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jod69wjju...esV1.0.prj.xml
    Future Plans:
    Add specific volume adjustment levels for Normal to simulate indoor volume needs.
    Add more Profiles like Outdoor which will have higher volume levels
    Add options for screen brightness settings
    Add a whitelist/blacklist
    Add option to auto enable profiles based on location
    Add option to turn on/off functions like mobile data, wifi, blutooth based on the schedule selected

Tasker Profiles-screenshot_2012-10-09-08-05-29-1-.pngTasker Profiles-screenshot_2012-10-09-08-05-35-1-.png
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by joncat84 View Post

What i am trying to create but dont know if it can be done is have a profile take a front facing picture when someone guesses my pattern lock wrong. Does anybody know if its possible?
    That's a great idea! I want that in 4.2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

To get Tasker to take a picture with the front facing camera after a certain number of failed pin attempts you'll need 2 free apps from the market which will work as plugins for Tasker. They are Secure Settings and Dropsync.

Create a new profile. I called mine "Unlock Fail" and for the first context choose State > Plugin > Secure Settings. For Secure Settings press Edit, Failed Login Attempts, and enter the maximum number of failed login attempts. I went with 3.

Next, under Task Selection, press new tasks (name it if you want). Media > Take Photo > Camera = Front, File Name = failedlogin, Naming Sequence = Series, Insert in Gallery = Checked, Discreet = Checked, the rest of the options I left at the default.

+ to add another action. Plugin > Dropsync, Edit, Sync now. (This action/plugin might not be needed depending on if you are using the Dropbox app auto upload feature. Not sure, I never tested it. The one downside of leaving it up to the Dropbox app to upload would be the power/wifi conditions you set).

In Dropsync you'll need to set up the folder the picture gets saved to with the corresponding folder in Dropbox. That should be it. I didn't come up with this on my own. It's just a great idea I found online. I'm thinking about trying to take it a step farther by adding more actions to turn on GPS, get location, text it to my wife's phone, and then turn GPS back off.

I don't know if I missed this but I read somewhere you can set it to change your background according to weather and time of day is this true and if so how? I'll actually want it then until then I'm all atooma

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mapexonly View Post
    I don't know if I missed this but I read somewhere you can set it to change your background according to weather and time of day is this true and if so how? I'll actually want it then until then I'm all atooma

I know it is possible, but i dont know how to do it.

can someone help me out, a while ago i made a task to pop up a bunch of media apps when i plugged in my heaphones. i looked quick this morning but i couldn't figure it out. when i plug in a headset, i want a menu to pop up with about 5 different apps in it for me to choose. i know it is possible, but can't remember how to set it up.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.

http://tasker.wikidot.com/profile-index

Found it broke down and bought tasker have not done this yet but seems easy enough

Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I am still on the fence about this.

Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Every task I have created except for one I can get to work in tasker.
    I cannot get the lockscreen to disable/ enable when connected to wifi networks.
    I haven't used the secure settings method, just have my phone wifi not sleep (in wifi settings), etc.

Thoughts? I am on the 7 day trial and this app is above my programming know how, but I am learning but the screen lock is a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Every task I have created except for one I can get to work in tasker.
    I cannot get the lockscreen to disable/ enable when connected to wifi networks.
    I haven't used the secure settings method, just have my phone wifi not sleep (in wifi settings), etc.

Thoughts? I am on the 7 day trial and this app is above my programming know how, but I am learning but the screen lock is a deal breaker for me.
    I tried to figure it out and it was above my level too. For ease I gave up and went with the app Unlock With Wifi. It works great and was worth the few bucks I paid for it. I still like Tasker and everything else it has enabled me to accomplish.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yeah but that doesn't support pattern unlock does it?
    I read it only supports pin unlock

Forgot about that. It's been awhile since I installed it and read the market description. I'm using a PIN.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I just got tasker and am having an issue figuring out how to have a list of media apps pop up when my headphones get plugged in. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    O-H

Made a profile for taking a front pic when the phone is stolen (changed sim/received sms code from me that it is stolen). Unfortunately, I cannot figure out a way to make it send the picture to me via email or mms. All options are only for composing email or mms. There is no option for directly sending it without user intervention.. unlike sms which has the option. Am I missing something?

Jstamp627,

Check out scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by markyang View Post
    Made a profile for taking a front pic when the phone is stolen (changed sim/received sms code from me that it is stolen). Unfortunately, I cannot figure out a way to make it send the picture to me via email or mms. All options are only for composing email or mms. There is no option for directly sending it without user intervention.. unlike sms which has the option. Am I missing something?
    You could use the app Dropsync to upload it to your Dropbox account. It works as a plug-in for Tasker.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xiaosong View Post

So far, I have two profiles set up under Tasker and two tasks set up that are triggered by NFC task launcher.

2) Turn off pattern lock when connected to home wifi
    This requires you to be rooted, have busybox and secure settings installed (both apps are free). Basically, when I am connected to my home wifi and have unlocked my phone using pattern lock for the first time, it will switch off the pattern lock requirement so I can just swipe to unlock. As soon as I leave my wifi network, it reenables the pattern lock.
    Are you able to get it to automatically remove the pattern lock or does just take you to the security screen for you to do it manually? That's as far as I can get it to go. Still makes me put my security pattern in before it will unlock.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123