Official 4.0.4 release date and questions

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
+1 for using your brain instead of whining about stuff you can't control. Take back the power people and root your device unlock it flash and be happy it's too easy not to. But hey some people love to complain. that's just the fact! :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not all who have rooted are happy. I am on 4.04 radios running Crossbreed, and my phone still sucks. Horrible reception, microphone cutout and the like. I have been offered a Certified Like Used device, and now I am actually on the fence about taking it, or switching to a Rezound. Blasphemy I know, but I for one am getting tired of waiting...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not all who have rooted are happy. I am on 4.04 radios running Crossbreed, and my phone still sucks. Horrible reception, microphone cutout and the like. I have been offered a Certified Like Used device, and now I am actually on the fence about taking it, or switching to a Rezound. Blasphemy I know, but I for one am getting tired of waiting...

My CLN device is better then the first two brand new GN's I had....but I am rooted and staying on 4.02 for now.

Reactions: axne1

tacticalfats

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ha; I used my gn for a month before I had enough. Nice phone; I love android (had an X for the year prior) but it was apparent that ICS should never have been released at that point (4.0.2). Picked up an iPhone4 on CL and have been using it since mid January. It's....boring, but it's smooth and dead reliable with battery life which rivals my old Blackberry Curves.

Does iOS bore me to tears? Yes.

Do I miss Android terribly? Absolutely.

Will this iPhone be on Cl as soon as the GN receives a decent update? You betcha.

3 months to update a phone with this many bugs is nonsense. Really kinda soured me.

ps: Not unlocking/rooting. I shouldn't need to spend hours researching how to get a $700+ device to work properly. And it does not work properly.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Some factors:

There are still no ICS tablets on the market. iPad 3 comes out on Friday. The lead of Apple tablets over the dazed and confused Android tablet makers is becoming insurmountably large.

The next iPhone will surely have a bigger screen, 4G, and be very compelling in ways the 4S was not. People are snapping up the 4S while it is ho-hum. Imagine what would happen if they had a better phone.

There is still only one phone with ICS officially, despite an announcement about 5 months ago.

It's going to be a long time before Android settles down.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

If you do a survey of people who are rooted and flash Roms. I bet you the people who flash are alot happier with the galaxy nexus than the people who don't flash and root. Just saying...

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ha; I used my gn for a month before I had enough. Nice phone; I love android (had an X for the year prior) but it was apparent that ICS should never have been released at that point (4.0.2). Picked up an iPhone4 on CL and have been using it since mid January. It's....boring, but it's smooth and dead reliable with battery life which rivals my old Blackberry Curves.

Does iOS bore me to tears? Yes.

Do I miss Android terribly? Absolutely.

Will this iPhone be on Cl as soon as the GN receives a decent update? You betcha.

3 months to update a phone with this many bugs is nonsense. Really kinda soured me.

ps: Not unlocking/rooting. I shouldn't need to spend hours researching how to get a $700+ device to work properly. And it does not work properly.

It only takes 2min to root this device,and 2 more to add the rom/kernel/radios of your choice. Look it up before you comment on hacking :)

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Some factors:

There are still no ICS tablets on the market. iPad 3 comes out on Friday. The lead of Apple tablets over the dazed and confused Android tablet makers is becoming insurmountably large.

The next iPhone will surely have a bigger screen, 4G, and be very compelling in ways the 4S was not. People are snapping up the 4S while it is ho-hum. Imagine what would happen if they had a better phone.

There is still only one phone with ICS officially, despite an announcement about 5 months ago.

It's going to be a long time before Android settles down.

Asus Transformer Prime has ics...

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you do a survey of people who are rooted and flash Roms. I bet you the people who flash are alot happier with the galaxy nexus than the people who don't flash and root. Just saying...

Im sure, but I'm also sure that this is also because this is the only way to get the latest android update on the Gnex right now.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Im sure, but I'm also sure that this is also because this is the only way to get the latest android update on the Gnex right now.

Not necessarily. There are updates/features roms have that will probably never be in official releases. For me, those are the features I love when rooting/romming.

Reactions: axne1

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I don't think you guys would be happy unless you got an update every single week.

BIG difference between getting updates 'every day' as you sarcastically put it and not getting one for 1/4 of a year.

Galaxy Nexus- Fast updates direct from Google. Uh huh.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
BIG difference between getting updates 'every day' as you sarcastically put it and not getting one for 1/4 of a year.

Galaxy Nexus- Fast updates direct from Google. Uh huh.

You were never promised fast updates. Show me where on Google's, Samsung's, or Verizon's website it says anything about fast updates.

Reactions: Mooem and dmmarck

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Maybe true but.. even if it is true we still get the latest updates and features. I haven't had the problems others have spoke of yet…( × fingers) with stock. But I love changing the color values of my phone to make it look a lot crisp like my tv. Along with wifi booster. My aokp rom has features that stock android will never have on the galaxy nexus. :D

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
You were never promised fast updates. Show me where on Google's, Samsung's, or Verizon's website it says anything about fast updates.

People believe what they want to believe. The advantage of having a Nexus phone is that when a major OS update happens we're first in line. I'm not sure why people believe that the phone will receive bi-weekly updates.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how Apple gets updates pushed out so quickly. Both of my parents recently purchased the Apple 4S. Both updates their phones have received have been OTA and not via iTunes.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how Apple gets updates pushed out so quickly. Both of my parents recently purchased the Apple 4S. Both updates their phones have received have been OTA and not via iTunes.

One size fits all + cross-"platform"/universal features = much easier.

With Android, fragmentation + a lot more going on = much harder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX