Galaxy Nexus Sales Number

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing as Google probably didn't expect this to be a record breaking flagship phone, but not sure if Google may change its Nexus programs starting next year. Any thoughts?
Until Google issues an update that fixes some of the major bugs, I anticipate the phone being a low volume seller.

I really, really like the AMOLED screen, which is Samsung's technology, but the radios suck. I wish we could have Moto make the next Nexus and use a state of the art Samsung screen, but I doubt that Samsung would sell a state of the art screen to Moto. Like with the Razr - they would only give them the qHD. Eventually Moto will get the full HD AMOLED screen, but by then Samsung will have better technology, like an AMOLED without pentile.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Until Google issues an update that fixes some of the major bugs, I anticipate the phone being a low volume seller.

I really, really like the AMOLED screen, which is Samsung's technology, but the radios suck. I wish we could have Moto make the next Nexus and use a state of the art Samsung screen, but I doubt that Samsung would sell a state of the art screen to Moto. Like with the Razr - they would only give them the qHD. Eventually Moto will get the full HD AMOLED screen, but by then Samsung will have better technology, like an AMOLED without pentile.

The information posted is for Korea, not the US.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I would guess that the next Nexus is made by Motorola, considering any day now Google will be allowed to buy the company. Droid Nexus Razr ;)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That seems to be quite the opposite story to what the OP posted.

What I would like to see is Google directly sell the Nexus line for both GSM and CDMA carriers. But I doubt that will happen.

The OP posted information based off of sales in Korea. That does nothing to represent the sales in the US which is far larger market. There are plenty of articles talking about sales. I chose the one that I saw as being the most current.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The following is a link to an article that is more recent.

Strong Galaxy Nexus sales boost Samsung to record profits

That article is from 1/6/12, which was over a week before the holiday extended return date.

I am sure they got tons of returns of the GNex. You can tell by the Amazon price how a phone is selling. On Amazon it went OOS and then was priced at $280. Now it is priced at $100. I am sure they experienced a bunch of returns in January and then the sales fizzled due to the bugs.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
That article is from 1/6/12, which was over a week before the holiday extended return date.

I am sure they got tons of returns of the GNex. You can tell by the Amazon price how a phone is selling. On Amazon it went OOS and then was priced at $280. Now it is priced at $100. I am sure they experienced a bunch of returns in January and then the sales fizzled due to the bugs.

I know that some people have experienced bugs, but I believe the number (as it relates to units sold, NOT to threads in this forum) is relatively small. Every phone released has a small number of people (again, as it relates to units sold) making a great deal of noise. And I'm pretty sure that every phone on Amazon gets a big price drop not long after the initial sales excitement dies down. The polls that have been posted numerous times here would indicate that the vast majority of GN owners are happy with there phones. I've experienced no bugs at all on my device and consider the GN the ONLY phone I would buy today if I had to make the choice again. Having said that, I hope that you and anyone else having issues gets them resolved or finds another phone that you like.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know that some people have experienced bugs, but I believe the number (as it relates to units sold, NOT to threads in this forum) is relatively small. Every phone released has a small number of people (again, as it relates to units sold) making a great deal of noise. And I'm pretty sure that every phone on Amazon gets a big price drop not long after the initial sales excitement dies down. The polls that have been posted numerous times here would indicate that the vast majority of GN owners are happy with there phones. I've experienced no bugs at all on my device and consider the GN the ONLY phone I would buy today if I had to make the choice again. Having said that, I hope that you and anyone else having issues gets them resolved or finds another phone that you like.

Even with the vast number of hate threads the poll asking if people were going to keep their GN or return it, the overwhelming majority polled said they were keeping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty