1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you download pictures from the net?

So I have tried a few different times to save pictures from the internet but they either save or timeout. How do accomplish saving pictures from the net to my phone?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default Re: How do you download pictures from the net???

I long press over the image and use the save image option... how are you doing it?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    I long press over the image and use the save image option... how are you doing it?
    Same here, long press, save image, go to download folder.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    That is what I was doing. But it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. I will try again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    That is what I was doing. But it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. I will try again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    If you are trying to get a specific image from the net onto your phone, you could always use your computer and the chrome to phone extension (provided you are using chrome)

ROM
    JellyBeans

Long press for most.

Some images will not let you download them because of copyright or protection, also Facebook will not let you download a picture from there site (not that i know of anyhow). Not sure why, because you can do it from a normal computer.

Option B
    If you can not download a picture, you can take a screen shot and crop out everything you don't want in the picture. ICS picture editor dose this well.
    Last edited by bakerbert; 02-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbert View Post
    Long press for most.

Some images will not let you download them because of copyright or protection, also Facebook will not let you download a picture from there site (not that i know of anyhow). Not sure why, because you can do it from a normal computer.

Option B
    If you can not download a picture, you can take a screen shot and crop out everything you don't want in the picture. ICS picture editor dose this well.
    Well to you good sir i say... from a google.nexus s non 4g you can download facebook pictures if you connect to fb via browser. Their gay app doesnt let you though. Thank god i tried or id never get to dl my friends cartoon of a holding a vibrator screaming CALL A MEDIC HES HAVING A SEIZURE!

So after the new update long press no longer works for photo downloads... Any advice how to download photos from google images and Facebook now?

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    So I have tried a few different times to save pictures from the internet but they either save or timeout. How do accomplish saving pictures from the net to my phone?
    Long press on the image you'd like to download and that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbert View Post
    Long press for most.

Option B
    You can download images off of facebook. When you have the image on your screen, touch the image and a menu of options of will come onto the screen. Select the share option and then choose email, or etc. and that will give you the image file.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air