What do i do with my GN

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i have the GN love it the biggest issue i have is the reception issue i dont know what to do i know there was a fix supposed to be released i feel bad because its a good phone i am not a guy who can root the phone because i just dont have the time to keep up with all thats going on. should i just sit and wait or go and get a new phone i dont know what to do anymore i had the rezound and i still have it should i go back to it? or should i wait it out.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a decision that only you can make. All anyone else can do (including myself) is offer suggestions.

If you don't want to rom for any reason and you need a more reliable phone then it seems pretty obvious that you should go with another phone that will work for you out of the box. I had some issues with the Nexus and last week I bought a Razr Maxx to try out. The Maxx might be a great phone for your needs. You mentioned the Rezound. I have always liked HTC phones but my experience last week when I tried the Rezound in the store is that the screen showed a lot of stutter when moving from screen to screen and I wanted no part of that. I ended up with the Maxx and it has a lot going for it for someone in your shoes.

The Maxx battery life is something to behold, its like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going and going. The screen movement is quick and agile also but don't expect to see the same quality screen as you have on the Nexus, its not there.

The locked bootloader shouldn't be of any interest since you don't plan to root anyway and the non-removable battery is a non-issue on that phone. The bloatware is something that I find competely annoying but you can just ignore it and set up your screens with the apps that you use daily and ignore the rest.

Good luck finding what you want and what fits your needs.

Reactions: quikric

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Racedog. I gave up my Nexus for a similar reason. I absolutely LOVED the phone - it was awesome, screen was nice, the phone was fast, the camera was speedy, etc., etc. I did have a couple of mic and in-call issues that pushed me away. If I didn't have those issues, I would have stuck with it and wouldn't have considered anything else, but those issues were there and I couldn't live with it. Plus I'm someone that refuses to root and rom. I don't have much time for it, and I would like something that works like it should straight out of the box. To me, a phone needs to be a phone first, and a computer second, so I went with a 4S.

I still kind of lust after the Rezound and the Maxx, as I think they will suit me better than the Nexus, but each has something that I don't like (all bloat aside). The Rezound has a pretty weak battery and the Maxx's camera is slow as molasses (I had a Razr for a bit too so I've been down that road before).

For me, the 4S at this time is something that fits me. It's a phone first, and has good battery life and a great camera. Those were what are important to me, and may not necessarily be what is important to you. You need to find what is important to you in a phone. If you're having issues with your Nexus and your Rezound worked fine and didn't have those same issues, I'd consider switching it out, especially if you're not someone who likes to root and rom.

But again, it's all about what's important to you.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
i have the GN love it the biggest issue i have is the reception issue i dont know what to do i know there was a fix supposed to be released i feel bad because its a good phone i am not a guy who can root the phone because i just dont have the time to keep up with all thats going on. should i just sit and wait or go and get a new phone i dont know what to do anymore i had the rezound and i still have it should i go back to it? or should i wait it out.

You don't really have to root your phone. Are you waiting for the 4.0.4 update?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
You mentioned the Rezound. I have always liked HTC phones but my experience last week when I tried the Rezound in the store is that the screen showed a lot of stutter when moving from screen to screen and I wanted no part of that. I ended up with the Maxx and it has a lot going for it for someone in your shoes.

From someone who actually owns the Rezound rather than has fiddled with it for a few minutes at the store I can tell you this statement is totally false. And I use seven screens with roughly half filled with widgets. The screen to screen movement is silky smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
From someone who actually owns the Rezound rather than has fiddled with it for a few minutes at the store I can tell you this statement is totally false. And I use seven screens with roughly half filled with widgets. The screen to screen movement is silky smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My statement is totally true. Please take note that I said that this was MY experience with the rezound in the store last week. i'm glad to hear that yours is completelly different.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
.... And practically everyone else in the Rezound forum since I can't remember stock Sense being reported as slow. All sorts of demo junk is often run on these display phones.... Especially live wallpapers.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
.... And practically everyone else in the Rezound forum since I can't remember stock Sense being reported as slow. All sorts of demo junk is often run on these display phones.... Especially live wallpapers.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

I've owned guite a few HTC phones over the last ten years or so and they've always provided good service.

One of the problems in checking out phones in a store is that you never know what's been done to that phone by previous testers, they can really bumfuzzle a phone and then that is what others see when they try it out.

Now that we've hijacked this thread, I'd like to ask fantom if he's decided what to do about his phone. One thing I didn't mention above is that I had the Maxx for three days and returned to the Nexus. I like rooting and playing customizer with my phones and that just wasn't going to happen with that locked bootloader. But for Fantom's purposes it would be a great phone. He should also definitely try out the Rezound, HTC stuff is quality stuff although their designs have become stale and uninspiring lately. That is something even the president of HTC said within the last week or two and they are going to be taking a forward look at their product line.

Can't go wrong with the Razr Maxx if you want incredible battery life and you can't go wrong with the Rezound if you want a tough and high quality phone. Both are solid choices depending on your needs.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Get the Droid 4... that's what I would have bought instead of this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

While everybody is perfectly entitled to their own opinion, have you gone in and looked at the Droid 4? After having the Nexus for over a month, there is no way I could go to that phone. The screen is abysmal. You don't even have to bring the phone close to your face to see the pentile, because you can already see the individual pixels. If the screen was better, I would totally recommend it. Or I suppose if you've got somebody coming from an older smartphone, or even a dumbphone. I've just been too spoiled by the screen on the Nexus to seriously consider the D4.

But, again, please be proud of your opinions and don't let some dude on the forums get you down :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc