Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default *22889 dial problem

has anybody had their nexus call *22889 randomly at times. i was texting one time and my phone suddenly called that number. i was on twitter and phone dialed that number. one time it did it 3 times in a row. not sure what is going on any help or any comments. thanks homies

Default Re: *22889 dial problem

In the browser and some apps strings of numbers are treated as clickable phone numbers accidentally selecting them will dial your phone.

Mine has done it several times during signal drops. Its not something you did. It is a known issue, and has happened to other members on here. Mine was just sitting idle, lost signal, then started dialing *22899, on its own. I hung it up and it did it again.

ROM
    Axi0m Crossbreed Mono B1

It's the 4G equivalent of 3G's #228 for Verizon. It is used to initially activate your phone, and then update your phone if you alter your service (roaming extras, etc...).

Why it would do it randomly I can't think of any idea, unless you made a change to your account and it is trying to update. If not, I'm drawing a blank. I would think that it is a Verizon issue, not so much a Gnex issue with the phone itself.
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by cjd34 View Post
    has anybody had their nexus call *22889 randomly at times. i was texting one time and my phone suddenly called that number. i was on twitter and phone dialed that number. one time it did it 3 times in a row. not sure what is going on any help or any comments. thanks homies
    This has been going on the since the GNex launched on VZW. There's another thread here about the same thing. Just let it complete or it'll keep doing it until it does. The scary thing is that it doesn't show up in your call log. I 1st noticed it because I heard that annoying hold music 1 night and saw that my phone was in a call.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Happened to me one morning during a subway train ride in NYC. I had no service and I was listening to music and the music would pause and the phone would dial it. Did it 3 times in a row. Put it in airplane mode and that stopped it. Hasn't done it since.
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.

Interesting. Good to know.

It happened to me in the middle of nowhere in the desert when I had no reception and I thought my phone was hacked because it kept trying to call it. I got scared and put it in airplane mode until I got home and it never did it again.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones