Ringtones

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all,

I guess I am riding the short bus as I don't understand why I am unable to add MP3's as ring tones. I copied my ringtones and went to paste them in the ring tone folder within the Nexus but got an error message saying they wouldn't play correctly. I said to continue with the transfer but they won't go.

Holy hell.......BB is much easier.....

Thanks for any input.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe I found the reason. I went into the developer options and selected USB debugging and now the files transferred.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you want the MP3 as a notification or ringtone, just move them into that file (notifications or ringtone) on SD card.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Before the OP says, "but there isn't an SD Card"

He's referring to the virtual sd card that is set aside on your Nexus. It's what pops up in a file explorer when you plug it into your PC.

Yes, BB is simpler, but with more robust features and the ability to more thoroughly configure your device, comes more complexity. If it's too much, you could always go back to BB, or even try out an iphone. I'm not meaning that to sound like a smart a$$, just being sincere about your options. I came to Android from BB as well, and found the whole change to be confusing and difficult at first. Give a few weeks. There is no possible way I could go back to RIM at this point.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The files do not have to reside in any specific directory. I have songs in my music directory, with the name of the artist as a sub directory, and I use several of the songs as ringtones.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Before the OP says, "but there isn't an SD Card"

He's referring to the virtual sd card that is set aside on your Nexus. It's what pops up in a file explorer when you plug it into your PC.

Yes, BB is simpler, but with more robust features and the ability to more thoroughly configure your device, comes more complexity. If it's too much, you could always go back to BB, or even try out an iphone. I'm not meaning that to sound like a smart a$$, just being sincere about your options. I came to Android from BB as well, and found the whole change to be confusing and difficult at first. Give a few weeks. There is no possible way I could go back to RIM at this point.

Yeah, I damn sure was going to say that about the SD Card. Anyway, I have everything moved over and into their respective folders and it's working like a charm. I did end up getting the Volume+ app (damn shame ya need an app to increase the volume) and it's much better.

I have the "deer in the headlight" look with the Android OS, but I can remember I was like that with BB way back in the day. I'll figure it out......haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol