stock text/mms mixing my contacts

nsurg

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't find an answer for this..

On the stock ICS messaging app I have 2 of my most important contacts mixed together somehow. They do not have overlapping phone numbers in my "contacts". This gets really annoying because when I get a message from one of the 2 contacts I cannot tell who really sent it of the 2!

When I look at my list of text messages on the main screen I see one contact listed ("contact A" for this example), and when I open it I see the list of texts we have exchanged. But at the top of the opened screen I see the green messaging app logo on the left, the correct name of the contact at the top ("contact A"), and the first phone number listed under the correct name is that of "contact B".

Does anyone else have this problem? It is driving me nuts. I thought it was a handcent mixup but it is also on the stock app.

When I migrated to my galaxy nexus, I do think I migrated my text messages from handcent's online backup service, and I know handcent was mixing contacts at some point in time.

It's really only one messaging line that is mixed up, but it's annoying because it mixed 2 of my most common contacts and I don't wish to delete the thread. Is there some way I can manually edit this stuff?

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
There are many different ways to move your contacts from phone to phone.

In my opinion, the best ways is with google's contact service.

You can access this on any pc at www.google.com/contacts.

If you arn't using this service you can import your contact list to google from your phone. Once everything is backed up on google's servers you can resolve your issues on a computer. If you find that everything is correct at www.google.com/contacts then i would do a factory reset.

-kesnik

Last edited:

nsurg

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply... but my contacts are perfectly fine, nothing is shuffled there. It's just that somehow my sms/text messages are mixed with one stream including 2 separate contacts together. I have no idea why this occurred, but is there a way to edit or correct it?