Swype Updated for Galaxy Nexus

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
sweat! don't see any diff between this official version and the hacked one I was using, but it's good to finally have it straight from swype itself. Now all we need is 4.04, 4.05!!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I liked swype on my X and my Bionic, like swiftkey as well, but I've been too impressed with voice to text on the GN to stop using it.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I hate having the keyboard icon pop up in the notification bar. Also not liking the color and would rather not use dragon over ics voice.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate having the keyboard icon pop up in the notification bar. Also not liking the color and would rather not use dragon over ics voice.
The keyboard icon will pop up regardless which keyboard you're using if you have more than one keyboard installed.

It is a bit irksome that you have to pull down the notification bar to get the ICS voice input when using Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard icon will pop up regardless which keyboard you're using if you have more than one keyboard installed.

It is a bit irksome that you have to pull down the notification bar to get the ICS voice input when using Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I guess having that icon omni-present is not useful. How many of us keep switching between one keyboard or the other. Still, it's not too hard to just ignore the icon completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar