Sorry nexus

Demonx06

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
But i bought a razor maxx. I didn't want to but it was bogo. My women needed a phone and i couldn't afford two different phones. I promise i will never love it but I couldn't stand My og droid. We were so close to being together.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
This first of many sacrifices we will make for our significant others. I had to buy a iPhone for my wife. It hurt. I'm sure you already found the forums for your new phone so enjoy. Now you can tweek her phone too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy the battery life! Also, I'm sure there are some good ics roms to hold you over. Maybe you can get a nexus next upgrade :-D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
This first of many sacrifices we will make for our significant others. I had to buy a iPhone for my wife. It hurt. I'm sure you already found the forums for your new phone so enjoy. Now you can tweek her phone too.

I'm not married yet (recently engaged though) and so far my saccrifices have been
1) go from a really high paying job and cheap rent to $5/hr less and 3x rent cost to move closer
2) take another $7/hr pay cut and a tad higher rent.
3) move far away from friends and family I actually care about.
4) gotten flack from her mother for wanting to move a little farther away from them to save a lot of money on rent/gas... I don't see how that's her decision, but I guess I better get used to... "The Mother-In-Law"

Sacrifices she has made: 0

Reactions: gsxraddict and jroc

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not married yet (recently engaged though) and so far my saccrifices have been
1) go from a really high paying job and cheap rent to $5/hr less and 3x rent cost to move closer
4) gotten flack from her mother for wanting to move a little farther away from them to save a lot of money on rent/gas... I don't see how that's her decision, but I guess I better get used to... "The Mother-In-Law"

Ouch!

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
But i bought a razor maxx. I didn't want to but it was bogo. My women needed a phone and i couldn't afford two different phones. I promise i will never love it but I couldn't stand My og droid. We were so close to being together.

Its ok cause the razr is a great phone. We forgive you.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Andrew, that doesn't sound good to me that you are the one being asked to make all the sacrifices, especially about you having to move far away from your family. Maybe more frank discussions are in order before you tie the knot?

As for the MIL, again, you and your fiancee need to discuss her influence in your decisions. You and your fiancee need to be on the same page BEFORE you get married that your fiancee needs to speak to her mother if her mother is trying to dictate your life decisions. If your fiancee is not willing to do that, that is a huge red flag. It's her place to speak to her mother about this, but she does need to be on board and willing to do it.

Reactions: gsxraddict

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I would have done the same if BOGOF were available when I needed a new phone. The Maxx is a great phone. I am jealous of the battery life. When I am actually using my GNex as a phone making lots of voice calls, I can barely get 8 hours out of a full battery charge.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I had to buy a iPhone for my wife. It hurt.
I had to buy one for my mother. I hate to admit it, but it was the right decision since Siri is easy for her to use to send text messages. I can't get the voice actions on my GNex to initiate a text message properly. When I say "text to" or "send text to" followed by my contact's name, my contact's name appears in the "message" field instead of the "to" field.

Siri works properly out of the box for sending text messages by speaking them and without that, my mom would never be able to text her grand kids.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Siri works properly out of the box for sending text messages by speaking them and without that, my mom would never be able to text her grand kids.

Voice Actions work perfectly for texting someone.