overhaeting while using gps?

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,
I was in the midst of a 4 hour drive using gps. Power plugged in to the car adapter - music playing as well on the 32 gig flash card.
During the trip i had the phone set for 100% brightness. Three times the screen dimmed out for no reason. After the third time i went into recovery mode . Wiped cache and rebooted. Approximately 3 hours later the screen started to dim again... then the phone turned itself off...
For percautionary measures i took off the back plate before i started my road trip. In addition i was on cdma. Phone is unlocked but not rooted running 4.0.2

Anyone else have similar issues... i would hate to see how this phone would perform during a road trip during the summer. Perhaps 4.04. Might rectify this issue...

Thanks for reading and any advice possible would be greatly appreciated... sent from my phone
..exccuse the typos, grammar.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have used mine for a 4 hour trip on nav with no problem. However I have my flash drive playing music from the car stereo, not the phone. Charging the whole time. At the time it was not in a case and it was over Christmas.

bbruin66

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My GFs OG droid started having memory errors after a similar roadtrip. During the summer, sun shining on the phone in the dock (extra insulation) GPS on, streaming 3g, bluetooth, while charging makes for a hot phone. I would be careful if you dont have insurance or an extended warranty.

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
i was just using my navagation last night and my screen brightness was maybe 50% and it was way hot...i wasnt playing music either...i just turned off my screen and just listened through bluetooth

so i wouldnt be surprised if your issues were heat related

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I use my gps for extended periods all the time and have never had a screen or over heating issue. You might try installing something like badass battery monitor to see if other apps are running in the background that you don't know about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908