What would it take for you to ditch your Gnex?

What would it take for you to ditch your gnex?

• Total voters

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy nexus is one heck of a phone and I absolutely love it. ICS is certainly beautiful and one of the best OSs on the market. But this got me thinking. ICS is pretty much only on the gnex right now, and that is probably one of the main reasons people bought it. So, what would it take for you to ditch your beloved gnex? would it be an awesome quad core phone with stock ICS or the next big thing?( haha, samsung commercial reference.) please hit up the poll below, and give explanations in the comments. ok, yeah maybe I "stole" this idea from droid life(btw an awesome site), but I figured that not everyone here reads droid life. so, yeah.

Last edited:

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
2 phones could make me leave my Nexus. The next Nexus or the Iphone 5.

Although for the Iphone 5 to do it, it has to have bigger then a 3.5 inch screen and LTE. These are the main reasons i passed on the 4S in October.

sw33tooth

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
what would it take? one more bad nexus and I'm demanding a new phone from another maker. The whole newness of ics has worn off for me, I jusrt want a device that can also work as a phone.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
what would it take? one more bad nexus and I'm demanding a new phone from another maker. The whole newness of ics has worn off for me, I jusrt want a device that can also work as a phone.

When I was making this post, I knew that someone would post an answer like this. But u need to understand that ics is a brand new os, there will be issues. That's something that has to be considered before buying this device. There's a reason the galaxy s II and the Droid razr phones don't have many bugs: mainly because gingerbread has been out more than a year, and the bugs have been worked out. So ics and the nexus need time to improve. And updates are coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
When I was making this post, I knew that someone would post an answer like this. But u need to understand that ics is a brand new os, there will be issues. That's something that has to be considered before buying this device. There's a reason the galaxy s II and the Droid razr phones don't have many bugs: mainly because gingerbread has been out more than a year, and the bugs have been worked out. So ics and the nexus need time to improve. And updates are coming.
Why is that acceptable to you? Would you accept that from a TV you bought? Just sit tight, your TV will work eventually, but for now, it sucks and you should have expected that it would suck since it is a brand new model of TV?

Nobody would ever accept that response if it pertained to a TV. Why accept that for a cell phone?

sw33tooth

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

ics isnt the problem its the terrible "phone". ie making phone calls. Try re reading what I posted key words being"phone" and "device"

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
ics isnt the problem its the terrible "phone". ie making phone calls. Try re reading what I posted key words being"phone" and "device"

Ok ok. I actually read ur post before I posted. I used ics to refer as the nexus as a whole. That was my mistake. Sorry. Now I understand u have issues with ur phone and I'm not saying u have to sit back and deal with it (gnex girl!) I'm saying that since this is a nexus device, expect issues with it and be aware of them before u buy. The nexus is like a beta device meant to test out the new software. I don't want to start a flame war here. And I appreciate u taking a more calm approach with ur answer. Now let's just end this argument and actually focus on what the original question was.

Last edited:

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
When my contract runs out, i'd get the Samsung that was out with better specs.

Why wouldn't the current '13 smart phone have better specs?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Only another Nexus (that needs to be one of your poll items). I'm so addicted to the developer support on this phone now, I have very little interest in future hardware stuff, like quad cores. I don't even keep an eye out for rumored up and coming devices any longer.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
2 phones could make me leave my Nexus. The next Nexus or the Iphone 5.

Although for the Iphone 5 to do it, it has to have bigger then a 3.5 inch screen and LTE. These are the main reasons i passed on the 4S in October.

Agreed

Sent using axne1's
Beastly Galaxy Nexus Prime!

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Great point.I Tried telling some of the phone reviewers that. Expescially when they tried to put our phones in a dog fight next to a phone that's not even close to ours. Operating system will be optimized and the phone will run smooth. I predict by mid june this phone will be smooth as butter.
:D
Sent using axne1's
Beastly Galaxy Nexus Prime!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's probably going to be not the next nexus but the one after that (after the contract expires). Im sure the next nexus will be a quad core phone running jelly bean, but this one runs so smooth that I have no doubts that it will run Jelly bean great when it is released, and hell it may even get the "K" version of android after that.

Bottom line, I think this phone is good enough that I wont feel the need to buy the next nexus at all, and hopefully I'll have the patients to wait until my contract is up and wait for the '13 nexus.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
a droid razr maxx with ICS, an unlocked bootloader, and a better screen

basically a g-nex with a huge battery

Never happen...at least the unlocked bootloader part. Possibly on future moto devices, since Google owns them, but maybe not even then. Verizon doesn't like it and their huge customer base often gets what it wants.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Already ditched mine for a 4S. Couldn't take the mic cutting out and the screeching in my ears during phone calls (and the fact that multi-touch didn't really work well in games like GTA3, but that was the least of my issues). I need a phone to work as a phone first, and a toy second. But don't get me wrong, I miss it each and every day. So if yours is working right, thank the cell phone gods and be happy.

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only other phone that catches my eye right now is the Galaxy Note, but it isn't in Verizon so that makes it easy to stick with my nexus!