NO facebook push notifications.?

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
anybody else having this issue. im rockin a Gnex rooted with codename. I dont feel like the rom would having anything to do with the facebook app though

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No the ROM doesn't have anything to do with the push notifications. The only thing that pushes for me are the messages...kinda pointless since they have a dedicated app for that

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Facebook push notifications have never worked consistently for me on Android. No matter which app I use, the official one, FriendCaster or MB Notifications. All work on and off, but never 100%.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine actually pretty consistently work. I have FB sync in the app settings set to every 4 hours, and I still get push notifications of comments, friend req, etc..

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet accuracy wise is to have your notifications emailed or texted so you can be alerted by any activity. I just use the fb widget and scroll through my news feed.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Facebook push notifications have always been problematic throughout the life cycle of Android, all versions. Some people claim to get consistent push notifications, but most report that they either get no push notifications at all, or very inconsistently. I get push notifications for messages and event invites, but not for comments, etc. Really annoying problem. In my opinion, it's the largest problem there is with Android.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Go into facebook and into your settings. Find the 'Apps' settings. Make sure no other Android-related apps are authorized to use facebook. That might fix it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO