Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Rom / Franco

Default NO facebook push notifications.?

anybody else having this issue. im rockin a Gnex rooted with codename. I dont feel like the rom would having anything to do with the facebook app though

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Default Re: NO facebook push notifications.?

No the ROM doesn't have anything to do with the push notifications. The only thing that pushes for me are the messages...kinda pointless since they have a dedicated app for that
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

Facebook push notifications have never worked consistently for me on Android. No matter which app I use, the official one, FriendCaster or MB Notifications. All work on and off, but never 100%.
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2

Mine actually pretty consistently work. I have FB sync in the app settings set to every 4 hours, and I still get push notifications of comments, friend req, etc..
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Most of fb users are facing this problem

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine works great. I get push for all notifications possible and like the blue light lol

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

way too many threads on this topic... there are plenty work arounds, search is your friend.
    DaPoets
    ~ Galaxy Nexus LTE Codename Android ROM 1.6 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Motorola Xoom LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.5 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Droid Charge as 24/7 4G Unlimited Tether Bot on Stock
    G1000 -> PPC6600 -> PPC6700 -> OG Droid -> Galaxy S Fascinate -> Pure Bliss
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Rom / Franco

Quote Originally Posted by DaPoets View Post
    way too many threads on this topic... there are plenty work arounds, search is your friend.
    i've tried searching the only thing i found was a black berry trick which didnt work for me.. Can you point me in the right direction?

Your best bet accuracy wise is to have your notifications emailed or texted so you can be alerted by any activity. I just use the fb widget and scroll through my news feed.

Facebook push notifications have always been problematic throughout the life cycle of Android, all versions. Some people claim to get consistent push notifications, but most report that they either get no push notifications at all, or very inconsistently. I get push notifications for messages and event invites, but not for comments, etc. Really annoying problem. In my opinion, it's the largest problem there is with Android.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Go into facebook and into your settings. Find the 'Apps' settings. Make sure no other Android-related apps are authorized to use facebook. That might fix it.