Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

No I havent read it.Actually I haven't found that page

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav Gangavaram View Post
    No I havent read it.Actually I haven't found that page
    Just click the button at the bottom of the screen with the arrow pointing left or the Page button and select page 1.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

I have downloaded a file from gmail...the file has been downloaded successfully but in the status bar it shows that it is still downloading. I have tried shuting down mobile but no use.Any other idea for this problem.

You can force stop the application, clear cache and data, it will not effect any data, you can locate at: Settings>>Applications or Application Manager or Manage Applications>>Slide to ALL window>>Scroll to find the Application, force stop the application, clear cache and data reply me if it works.
    msndrstood likes this.

Here is a much simpler way to stop on going download - tried on JeallyBeans -

I did that and then hit disable. But now other programs arent loading right and when i went back to "all" dowbload manager is no longer there. How do I get that back?

Samsung tablet 2 says (ongoing) and a data use warning how do I find out what is ongoing and how do I force stop it I have tried everything and forced stopped nearly everything

Samsung tablet 2 says (ongoing) and a data use warning how do I find out what is ongoing and how do I force stop it I have tried everything and forced stopped nearly everything

looked on here for help and found it right away!! the idea of going to settings then apps then all then down load manager worked like a charm! thanks

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Also, if you use Nova Launcher, you can long press the app on your homescreen, it will give you the option of "App Info".. you can click that and clear data from there. Nice little shortcut.

Talking Re: how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

Thanks a lot for the correct suggestion.

Yes this also happened to me. I simply turned on the WIFI and it went away.

Smile Re: how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

It worked!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOhioSky39 View Post
    I've had this happen a few times when downloading/updating apps from the market. It will show install successfully but it will still be running in the notification bar. I just pull down the notification window and swipe it out of there. Works every time.
    - - - Updated - - -

IT Works! Great!

Yes! Thank you, turning on Aeroplane Mode did it for me.

Thumbs up Re: how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

Yeah just had this problem on the galaxy s3 took me about 15 minutes to work it out thanks to your help. I just went to downloads icon then clicked in the box and deleted the download....it was either I interrupted the download,what I was downloading wasnt compatible or it wasn't any good a download....Any way find your download icon which is a green arrow pointing down with a green line underneath horizontally underneath then delete the problem by ticking the box of the offending file then delete by pushing the little bin button and if it asks you if your sure YOU ARE thank you

Yeah if you like missing calls :-( downloads then delete would be the way for me and also you can check the details of the download so that it don't happen again....if it stays in the ongoing bit like that then it could be corrupt which means its not to be trusted so the less that happens the better. Keep an eye on what you download because you don't want those little dorky hacker I know something you don't know people spying....that's how they do it through obscure downloads and obtaining your permission or not if they know what there doing the cheaky no life's :-)

Thanks.

I just had this happen to me and force closing the download manager and clearing its data worked perfectly. Thank you very much!!!

Smile Re: how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

This was the answer - Thank you. I had a download notification that would not go away. I even uninstalled the app but that didn't help. After going to Apps slide the top bar to the left from Downloaded.....Running......then you will see ALL. That is when you scroll down to the download manager. Follow the directions by force stop and clear data helped for me.

thank u thank u thank u!!!!!!!

Just Go to the settings>apps>download manager (or whatever downloader you have depending on device) force stop it and clear its data.

thank u again! i wrote yur answer down this time, youre the ONLY one that has been able to help me! THANK YOU big time, it was driving me crazy!!!!! Have a great day!

Awesome! It worked. UR a legend!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12