how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you downloading from the market or from the browser? If it is from the market I would try going into settings, then applications, and force close the market. If it is from the browser,then go into your downloads app, long press on the file being downloaded, and delete it.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

p5stover

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The file was downloaded from gmail app successfully. Unfortunately it is still trying to download in the notification panel. Ive tried force closing gmail as well as stopping all apps. Also turned phone off numerous ways including battery pull. Tried turning 4g/3g off and switching to wifi, no luck. Any other ideas??

Last edited:

mrholzapfel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen once to me, trying to download a podcast. Did everything you did as well.

I ended up performing a factory reset. Sucks, but that was the only thing that worked.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem downloading a movie from my cloud using the pogoplug app. I did a battery pull and the notification was gone. The movie had downloaded fine.

mikey7440

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue a few times. I just turned the phone off then back on and it stopped. With the download about half complete. So i just downloaded again and had no problem the second time around. I was downloading music.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird. I never herd of seen that happen before. But performing a total wipe is a bummer. If thats what it takes, then thats what it takes.:-\

DeadOhioSky39

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times when downloading/updating apps from the market. It will show install successfully but it will still be running in the notification bar. I just pull down the notification window and swipe it out of there. Works every time.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen once as well. I downloaded 4 files from an email I sent to my gmail. I also had Juice Defender turned on. While downloading, the screen turned off. When that happens, JD kicks in and turns off data. When I turned my phone on later, I saw that it was still showing in the Notification Bar that it was downloading. The data did not come back on quick enough and so I turned off JD. It still showed in the Notification Bar even though the file had already downloaded.

I tried everything listed above except the wipe. When I got home later in the day, I connected to my WIFI. As soon as I did that, it went away.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times when downloading/updating apps from the market. It will show install successfully but it will still be running in the notification bar. I just pull down the notification window and swipe it out of there. Works every time.

I tried doing that but it would not swipe away because it showed it as an active download that was still in progress even though the download was finished.

teksalot

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Go into your settings and open apps. Go to the tab that says all. Scroll down to download manager and click force stop. Then click clear data. If you don't click clear data, the problem will come back next time download manager starts again.

trentis87

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not necessarily the app playing up, it maybe the download manager.....
Go settings, applications, click on running apps (if it has the option) then go to 'downloads' .....force stop!

Reactions: mobius024

mobius024

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Cool! Somehow a ROM I downloaded from Goo.im was downloading once a day and driving me nuts. Somehow The download page was opening in the browser and initiating the download, I don't really know how. So now I can work on that and stop the bloody download, if need be.:D Obvious, but only if you know about it ;-)

ab82

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Settings>Apps>ALL>Download Manager

1) Force Stop Download Manager
2) Clear Data

2) step is necessary as it will again come back....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835