What battery problem??

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There's no way to compare two phone's battery life unless you had them side by side and did identical things with them.
From the OP's screenshots, it doesn't look like they used their phone much throughout the day. Facebook is at 4% and everything else is less than that. Screen on time alone doesn't suck battery life. If you are browsing the internet or playing games, your battery life will deplete rather quickly.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i wasnt trolling. i just hate when i see posts like this that infer that there isnt an issue with the androidOS taking battery. there is an issue on quite a few phones. saying that the OP didnt post that isnt true, just look at the title.

ive been working on getting the battery drain less but i would like to not cripple my phone by turning a bunch of crap off.

Sent using axne1's
Beastly Galaxy Nexus Prime!

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The only things I have turned off (and I mean data restricted under settings, data, when not in wifi which also saves batteries) are g+ and any games that think that wanna work in the background. example I can check my own words with friends I don't need it like a text.

But I have navigation, wifi, 4g, bt everything on.

Atranox

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Just curious - what is your display brightness and how much screen time are you getting? Even with the display set to auto or 25%, I'm only hitting about 2 hours of screen time per charge. And that's with the screen using 60-70% of the battery.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the brightness set to 50% I'm also using the watchdog app to monitor CPU, also juice defender plus. But Flashing 4.0.4. Has been great for me.

Sent using axne1's

Atranox

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the brightness set to 50% I'm also using the watchdog app to monitor CPU, also juice defender plus. But Flashing 4.0.4. Has been great for me.

Sent using axne1's

How did your battery with 4.0.2 compare to 4.0.4?

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My CPU running in the background completely went to around 3 to 4 percent instead of 13 and 14 percent. Also the keyboard in landscape mode works flawless. To me it just shows that this phone is going to be really good as soon as the update are completed. IMO. :)

Sent using axne1's

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My CPU running in the background completely went to around 3 to 4 percent instead of 13 and 14 percent. Also the keyboard in landscape mode works flawless. To me it just shows that this phone is going to be really good as soon as the update are completed. IMO. :)

Sent using axne1's

Also I get way more standby time. My phone has been running for at least 20 hours now I haven't watched a lot of videos. my on screen time is around 3 hours so that's just using it I would say medium for me.

Sent using axne1's

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
There's no way to compare two phone's battery life unless you had them side by side and did identical things with them.
From the OP's screenshots, it doesn't look like they used their phone much throughout the day. Facebook is at 4% and everything else is less than that. Screen on time alone doesn't suck battery life. If you are browsing the internet or playing games, your battery life will deplete rather quickly.

I agree.

I also see calls at the bottom of the lists. To me....testing battery life means doing almost everything on that phone you would normally do. I dont use GPS alot so thats probably the only thing I would leave off. But calls? Every time I see calls at the bottom in battery life posts....makes me scratch my head sometimes.

Also something to think about: I dont even do battery life tests anymore....cuz I live n work in a bad reception area. And every time I'm in a better reception area...I forgot to do one...lol.

Unless we all lived, worked, hung out in the same areas, did the exact same things on our phones...battery life threads are kinda pointless unless you give details, specifics of your battery use. What area you are in can effect battery life too. The last time I did do a battery life test...I did different things on my phone for 1/2 an hour to an hour. That included playing games, talking, web browsing, etc.

And didnt the OP say they were on an extended battery? So the thread title should be something else...since they arent on a stock battery. Thats like comparing performance of a phone with a ROM and overclocked to a stock phone.

Last edited:

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree.

I also see calls at the bottom of the lists. To me....testing battery life means doing almost everything on that phone you would normally do. I dont use GPS alot so thats probably the only thing I would leave off. But calls? Every time I see calls at the bottom in battery life posts....makes me scratch my head sometimes.

Also something to think about: I dont even do battery life tests anymore....cuz I live n work in a bad reception area. And every time I'm in a better reception area...I forgot to do one...lol.

Unless we all lived, worked, hung out in the same areas, did the exact same things on our phones...battery life threads are kinda pointless unless you give details, specifics of your battery use. What area you are in can effect battery life too.

And didnt the OP say they were on an extended battery... So the thread title should be something else...since they arent on a stock battery. Thats like comparing performance of a phone with a ROM and overclocked to a stock phone.

Actually my wife has a gnex with a stock battery so I compare our phones a lot. I don't sit on the phone all day and chat like a high school kid. I do agree that people's usage vary. But the point of the post is to start learning how to use your Nexus device battery management . Most people ask how, instead of trying to imply it's impossible.

Sent using axne1's

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually my wife has a gnex with a stock battery so I compare our phones a lot. I don't sit on the phone all day and chat like a high school kid. I do agree that people's usage vary. But the point of the post is to start learning how to use your Nexus device battery management . Most people ask how, instead of trying to imply it's impossible.

Sent using axne1's

lol....you dont have to be a high school kid to use the phone ....as a phone.....

Some ppl replace their landline with cellphones, some ppl like to actually talk to friends n family instead of texting or emailing them. Some of their friends n family dont have cellphones.

I just try to look at everything when it comes to battery life. Thats why specifics and details are needed in battery life posts, threads. Battery life is also effected by talking on the phone, listening to .mp3's...thats at least 2 things where the screen doesnt need to be on.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Peace be with you :D......

Sent using axne1's

alright then, ill keep on loving AOKP and franco's kernel until you find the source code for 4.0.4.

also, you are trying to be all high and mighty about your phone being amazing and that you have no issues but you dont even know the right name of the phone.

Last edited:

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
alright then, ill keep on loving AOKP and franco's kernel until you find the source code for 4.0.4.

also, you are trying to be all high and mighty about your phone being amazing and that you have no issues but you dont even know the right name of the phone.

I'm at one with my PRIME. Love peace and :p

Sent using axne1's