Nova Launcher now in the Android Market
05-16-2012 08:00 AM
- FYI: The popular ICS replacement launcher is out of beta and is now available in the Android Market. For anyone who isn't familiar with Nova... it's basically a replicate of the stock launcher with tons of additional features... now including gestures.
Its a little pricey weighing in at $4... but is worth every penny. In my opinion.. this is what the stock Galaxy Nexus launcher should have been like in the first place. The fact that you can backup your homescreens alone is well worth it.. especially if you're a flashaholic like myself
*Highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+ Features include: Custom Grid Configure the rows and columns to fit all your app and widget needs.
*Scrollable Dock Keep all your favorite apps on the dock, with up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
*Scroll Effects Enjoy eye candy when scrolling your desktop and drawer. Effects include Cube and Cardstack and more for Prime users.
*Infinite Scroll Never be far from your favorite page, loop through your desktop continuously.
*Folder Icons You can chose a background, preview style or even replace the whole icon.
*Backup/Restore Export your settings and layout before a wipe to quickly get back up and running.
*Nova Launcher Prime Features (Paid version) Gestures Quickly start Nova Actions or Apps from gestures on the desktop, such as pinching, swiping or two-finger swiping.
*Hide Apps Keep a clutter free drawer by hidding never used apps.
*Dock Swipes Get more use out of your dock apps by setting swipe-actions02-23-2012 10:27 PM
- 02-24-2012 04:44 AM
- KineticMDWould-be DocBuy this just to support the amazing work by this developer. Stock ICS was great, but this launcher makes it damn near perfect (for me).
I set gestures to the Vlingo car mode and another to Voice Dialer. Should make talking while driving a lot easier.02-24-2012 06:19 AM
Nova is a good launcher, I just don't see it as being anything special like so many others seem to think.
I also noticed that nova didn't show all of my apps in the app drawer.02-24-2012 06:55 AM
- KineticMDWould-be Doc02-24-2012 07:17 AM
- i feel like i'm missing something... i downloaded Nova when it was in beta... played around with it for awhile but went back to ADWLauncher EX... Nova is all i hear about lately... if someone has experience with both of these launchers, what does Nova have that ADW doesn't that i'm missing... why should Nova be my go-to launcher...02-24-2012 07:41 AM
- I used Launcher Pro on my Fascinate and when i switched to the GN I decided to give the stock ICS a try. I really like the responsiveness of the stock ICS, though not sure if it the ICS or just the faster processor of the GN, but missed a few features of Launcher Pro which Nova Launcher gives me The only problem i have is that Nova doesn't seem to be a smooth as the stock ICS. It jittery on changing screens and seems to take a little longer also. Anyone else noticing a difference or is it just me?02-24-2012 08:57 AM
clear the defaults in the launchers' app settings, then hit the home key. The device will ask you which launcher you want to use, and will give you the option to set stock as the default.02-24-2012 10:39 AM
- I had Launcher Pro for my HTC Dinc, that was pretty cool. I don't really need more than 3 screens, and don't need 3 pages of dock icons. What I get from the decriptioin is you get some cool scrolling effects, and the gesture thing (and the backup, which is good). That about it?02-24-2012 10:57 AM
- I have no opinion on Nova, because I've never used it. It sounds great but I bought ADW EX back when I had my fascinate. I am just so comfortable with it. Plus every feature nova has, adw has, plus more I suspect. Runs great on ics with no bugs.
Not bashing at all, just saying I like ADW.02-24-2012 01:33 PM
- i definitely noticed a speed/performance issue. i had been running nova launcher beta for almost 2 months, and getting each update. i decided to briefly switch back to stock last week and i immediately noticed how much more responsive stock was, especially when moving btwn screens. i like nova launcher a lot, i love the scrolling dock feature, but i'm not sure if i like it enough to sacrifice performance for it. has anyone done any testing on the paid version to see how much more resources (if any) it uses vs stock?02-24-2012 08:40 PM
- i definitely noticed a speed/performance issue. i had been running nova launcher beta for almost 2 months, and getting each update. i decided to briefly switch back to stock last week and i immediately noticed how much more responsive stock was, especially when moving btwn screens. i like nova launcher a lot, i love the scrolling dock feature, but i'm not sure if i like it enough to sacrifice performance for it. has anyone done any testing on the paid version to see how much more resources (if any) it uses vs stock?02-24-2012 08:47 PM
- 02-25-2012 01:13 AMLike 1
- I just downloaded Nova yesterday and I must say that I love it. I haven't had any issue with lag or anything scrolling between screens but I did have a force close of the launcher once. I guess this may be because I just started using it yesterday I haven't noticed huge changes but I like it. Not a huge step above the stock but good supplement. One question though... Is there a way to stop the dock from scrolling? Like only allow the dock to have 1 actually dock and can't be scrolled side to side?02-25-2012 06:12 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Nova Launcher now in the Android Market
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD