Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Jelly Bean ROM

Default Camera not connected

For some reason recently my GNex has been having camera issues where it will not either be able to load the camera app from the lock screen or when I press the camera app. Other times it will give me a message saying the camera isn't even connected. Has anyone else ran into this issue, or know of a fix?

I am not rooted or running any roms, its full stock.

Default Re: Camera not connected

Wish I could help you, but the only times I have ever seen this happen werent on my Gslaxy Nexus, but on my Gtab 10.1 when running a custom rom. Hope you can get this fixed.

Do you have any other camera apps like hdr or apps that access the camera like bar code scanners. Try uninstalling those.

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdubs2013 View Post
    For some reason recently my GNex has been having camera issues where it will not either be able to load the camera app from the lock screen or when I press the camera app. Other times it will give me a message saying the camera isn't even connected. Has anyone else ran into this issue, or know of a fix?

I am not rooted or running any roms, its full stock.
    Had this happen once (HDR wouldn't connect either). I rebooted and everything was fine then.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

i have this issue once in a while as well. i really only have the problem when i am taking pics a lot. like when i went to Seaworld and Disney. i was constantly taking my phone out and unlocking straight to the camera or unlocking and selecting the camera and it would lock up and require a reboot to fix it for a while.

i do have google goggles, barcode scanner, and HDR camera installed as well.

i haven't noticed it in day to day use so it doesn't bother me too much, but it kinda sucks that this happens when i need it the most.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

If you have another camera app that was recently working that'll cause a conflict. Kill both apps, try again.