recurring problem w/market apps updates

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I go into the store, see "updates": on top, hit install. I press install and all it does is send me to the "open uninstall" screen., nothing gets installed. I can't tell if I installed it already..
This has happened many times not all the time

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are the apps free and downloaded from the market?
yes. I'm only going thru the android market interface......for some reason, after I'm updating, it's not getting flagged or whatever and it's still telling the market that I need an update.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I install updates, they start downloading, some finish, some don't, but they ones that don't finish no longer have the update button, and what's worse, they disappear from my installed apps (under the Market only, they are still on my phone) until I reboot. Odd.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
yes. I'm only going thru the android market interface......for some reason, after I'm updating, it's not getting flagged or whatever and it's still telling the market that I need an update.

I'm having a similar problem. I install updates, they start downloading, some finish, some don't, but they ones that don't finish no longer have the update button, and what's worse, they disappear from my installed apps (under the Market only, they are still on my phone) until I reboot. Odd.

The only "catch all" thing you can do for general Marketplace errors is go to Settings > Apps > All and click on Market, then delete cache and delete data, then re-open and sign in, and hope it fixes.