Camera ICS+

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just read about this on the homepage and downloaded it. Below are two shots, first with the stock camera and second with ICS+. We all know that low light shots are not great, but looks like this app makes them at least more acceptable. Can't wait to see what it can do in the sunlight!

IMG_20120228_191733.jpg

2012-02-28%2019.17.21.jpg

Last edited:

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried inserting images from Dropbox since that usually results in better quality pics than attachments. Not sure why they are not showing, but I will try the thumbnail route...

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For those of use using ICS on GN will this camera deliver better pics, higher res than stock?

I only did a quick test sitting on my couch tonight, but it appears to offer similar improvements to HDR, but without needing to take multiple shots. I would welcome this as I can not use HDR for pics of the kids/dogs as they are moving too fast. Hopefully this will prove to be the case with further testing in better light and different subjects.

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just took a couple of test shots with no flash. There is a very slight difference in the brightness, with Camera ICS being the brighter one. I'm not sure it's different enough to warrant getting it.

More testing must be done. I am actually surprised to see any difference though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just read about this on the homepage and downloaded it. Below are two shots, first with the stock camera and second with ICS+. We all know that low light shots are not great, but looks like this app makes them at least more acceptable. Can't wait to see what it can do in the sunlight!

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Thanks for this info. I couldnt stand HDR with the multiple shots, so I'll give this a try and report what I experience.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the ICS+ camera last night and haven't noticed a huge difference yet but for me I noticed that pictures where a little bit sharper. For me that warrants the $.99 sale.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
didn't like the fact that I can't change the video recording res. I only have 720p and thats it. can't go to 1080 or even vga.

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have taken a few indoor shots and it seems to perform a little better than stock in low light. Haven't had a chance to test in bright sunlight yet to see if there is a difference. The other feature I am loving is being able to set the volume key as shutter - got too used to the dedicated camera button on my OG Droid...

didn't like the fact that I can't change the video recording res. I only have 720p and thats it. can't go to 1080 or even vga.

When I go into video and hit settings, I have the option for 1080. See below:

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
There are more settings, but the basic pictures seem to come out the same for me. Still, the extra settings are nice, no reason not to use it, worth the $1.