My Nexus screen is faded/gray looking compared to my wife's

cirefly

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Nexus for about two months. I've always thought that my screen seemed a bit dull or grayed out, especially on the setting screens where I thought it should be darker and the gradient more smooth.

I am NOT describing normal issues with the pentile screen.

My wife just got a Nexus today. Her's looks COMPLETELY different. Her blacks are rich, her gradients are much smoother. And the teal blue color of my icons on the status bar look much darker and rich on her screen. Even colors on pictures seem richer.

What gives? Any idea? I took the batteries out and my phone has an 11.11 on it and her's has a 12.01 on it. Phone version issues? Should I return it?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

P.S. I took a screen shot from both phones. When I view her screen shot on my phone, it looks like my phone screen. When I view both of the screen shots on my mac, they both look like they do on her phone.

cirefly

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It almost seems like a screen calibration issue - but I don't know how to fix that. Mine just looks completely washed out in comparison.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
only way I know to change something like that is to install a franco kernel. It has settings to adjust the screen colors.