1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Deleting a ringtone

I have a ringtone on my phone that I added to my phone by mistake and want it deleted. I tried to go through astro file explorer to delete it with no luck. I downloaded the ringtone through myxer sending a message to my phone so I didnt use the app. I tried to go through ringtone apps to delete this ringtone with no success. Any other suggestions? I am not rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    @workMakin$

Were you unable to find the ring tone file in explorer?
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Default Re: Deleting a ringtone

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    I have a ringtone on my phone that I added to my phone by mistake and want it deleted. I tried to go through astro file explorer to delete it with no luck. I downloaded the ringtone through myxer sending a message to my phone so I didnt use the app. I tried to go through ringtone apps to delete this ringtone with no success. Any other suggestions? I am not rooted.

In Astro, the ringtone is either going to be in sdcard\download or sdcard\ringtone depending on how you got it. If you are deleting it and the ringtone is still there, power cycle your phone and it should go away.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

You can try WiFi File explorer which let's you see all your folders and the media you added without being rooted. You can add or delete from your computer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Poseign View Post
    In Astro, the ringtone is either going to be in sdcard\download or sdcard\ringtone depending on how you got it. If you are deleting it and the ringtone is still there, power cycle your phone and it should go away.
    I looked through all of those folders with no luck.

@workMakin$
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by greyhd View Post
    You can try WiFi File explorer which let's you see all your folders and the media you added without being rooted. You can add or delete from your computer.
    I will try this when I get a chance and will update afterwards.

@workMakin$
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am back to update. WiFi File Explorer has been helpful for me to locate everything on this phone except for what I am trying to delete. I see the default ringtones that are on this phone but the one music tone that is on here that I put on here by mistake is still not showing up in the WiFi File explorer. Is there anywhere else I can search within WiFi File Explorer that will lead me to what I am looking for?
    @workMakin$

If its a downloaded ringer, say you've downloaded a bunch off Zedge, than that's the folder they will be in. Where did you get the ringer?

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Did you check your ringtone or notification folder?