Wifi and 3G are activated at the same time?

a tired smile

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When I first got this phone, it seemed like when I turned on Wifi and was connected, the signal bars in the upper right would disappear. Recently however, it seems that when I turn on WiFi, they remain up in the status bar. I was wondering if this was normal, and if the phone is using both mobile data as well as wifi.
87Rlv.png

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone, it seemed like when I turned on Wifi and was connected, the signal bars in the upper right would disappear. Recently however, it seems that when I turn on WiFi, they remain up in the status bar. I was wondering if this was normal, and if the phone is using both mobile data as well as wifi.
Click to view quoted image

yes that normal. The only thing that should dissapear when you activate wifi is the "3g" or "4g" text above your signal bars. You are still placing calls through CDMA so a status bar will always be there.

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Droid 4 shows both icons in blue at the same time. At home the wifi icon stays blue, but the 3G icon stays on and blue as well. Every once in awhile the 3G switches to 4G, all while on wifi. My Nexus doesn't do this. I kinda wish it did, then I'd know when we're picking up LTE in our house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair