1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Maintaining connectivity?

When I lose my signal and all connectivity, what is the best way to reinitialize/reboot? Currently, I am doing a full power off/on that seems to help. With my old Verizon flip phone, I was able to dial *228 to reconnect to a tower, which always worked. What do we do with these phones?

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Default Re: Maintaining connectivity?

The LTE equivalent to *228 is pulling the sim card for a few minutes and putting it back in, which would still require you to power down the phone. Rebooting would still be the fastest option if connectivity does not come back at all.
    Thanked by:
    mds54 

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

I forgot about this in my last post. You can also try to regain data by Putting the phone in airplane mode and then taking it out of airplane mode. This setting toggle is in the shutdown menu that comes up when you hold the power button. Might be faster if it works.

ROM
    Stock

Personally a reboot is the only way to normally get it back for me. Airplane mode doesn't do anything expect frustrate me. Once I reboot my signal comes back and I am able to use my phone. This is happening way too often for me though currently.

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    The LTE equivalent to *228 is pulling the sim card for a few minutes and putting it back in, which would still require you to power down the phone. Rebooting would still be the fastest option if connectivity does not come back at all.
    From what I've read, the LTE equivalent of *228 is putting *22899 in your contacts and dialing it.
    Thanked by:
    mds54 

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I still get issues even with 4.0.4. Today my son, with the same phone said he had 4g. I had 3g and had to reboot to get 4g. Then I had a brief loss of service when going back to 3g. I tried Franco's kernel and while it did improve my battery life, it apparently did nothing for connection bugs. It is better with 4.0.4 radios but not a lot. Odd thing is, my son's doesn't do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    From what I've read, the LTE equivalent of *228 is putting *22899 in your contacts and dialing it.
    If thats the case then good call.

I always read never to do *228 on a 4g phone because of possible damage it could cause (My bionic actually stopped and warned me when i tried it without knowing), but i never knew of a numerical equivalent, just pulling the sim.