Do the 4.0.4 radios help Wi-Fi?

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I really want to keep this phone. I got it yesterday. At home my signal is usually around -107db and 30 asu.

My X is usually -87db or better.

So at home I keep wifi on. I use an N router.

Not only does this phone lose cell signals but also loses wifi signals.

I don't mind not having great phone service. My cell calls are daytime mostly . But I want consistent data. And if can't get consistent wifi or 4g, I will probably return.

I'm a bit of a noob on rooting etc but probably will just to see if I can better radio performance.

I just wanted to see if anybody had better wifi performance on 4.0.4.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed I can be 5 feet away from my router and it won't report a full wifi signal. It seems that the overall signal is a little low. Where I should get full signal I get around 2-3 bars. Then again, calls are fine and so is data speeds. I mean who cares what the signal bar says as long as the device is working as it should - which it does.

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't care what the bars say either if it worked. But when I have no bars, I have no service. Data stops and it tries to kick back over to 4G. And then detects a faint wifi signal and tries to kick back over to that. This results in data service at all.

If the cell signal drops below -110, I can't receive or make calls. The radios on mine are just horrible.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah in my bathroom (yeah and I NEVER drop it in the toilet) I get a terrible signal. Not too far from my wi-fi router and sometimes I have to hold the phone over my head to get my words with friends move to go.

I hope 4.04 fixes this.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice any change in wifi from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4

I am running IMM30B and the difference between radios is very noticeable.

I tried Tranquility Ice v7r for a couple o weeks. The radios were a deal breaker. I ran back to IMM30B. Somehow I thought v7r had the 4.0.4 radios. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781