No longer receiving e-mails. Unable to fully sync (Email app)

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I've stopped being able to receive new e-mails on my hotmail account in the e-mail app. My gmail comes through just fine. Phone is stock ICS 4.0.2 rooted unlocked

Also, my hotmail e-mail will only sync up to yesterday morning. Once it loads up to a certain e-mail, it doesn't go any further but the data connection remains as a constant as if it is trying and will stay that way.

I've tried removing the account, rebooting the phone, and adding it again, but the same thing keeps happening. I've also tried doing it with wi-fi, 3g, and 4g connections separately. Occasionally i get a notification that it can't sign in to the account, but it does at least sync up to that certain point, so it signs in fine i guess, but just can't continue past that point for some reason and no new e-mails come through anymore.

I can't figure this out and it appears nobody else has this problem (or at least hasn't posted about it anywhere). I'd greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried clearing data in the settings if not go to settings>apps>all> email then clear. You will then need to add your account back but it should fix your issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

brisk172

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well. I tried clearing the cache, but it's not working still. I even deleted the account and made a new one and it's still not syncing.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue and had to start using the hotmail app (which I'm not crazy about). A few days later, I tried to use the email app and it started working as it should (uninstalled the hotmail app).

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Right... not to be a dic about it, but don't use hotmail. Just use gmail on Android. Set up hotmail to forward to gmail account, if you must keep the hotmail.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead with a hotmail account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908