St. paddy's day battery questions

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok the party starts at 9am and will go till around 3am the next day.

I need my phone to last the whole time (will need a cab to get home)
Pictures, facebook, texts, four square and lots of phone calls, will be what i am using my phone for.

This is what i am planning:
turn off sinking (everything)
Screen to 35%
Hot plug enabled
Set Min clock to 350, set max to 1000
turn off all apps that continually update
set market not to auto update
turn off 4g and run with 3g
get rid of all widgets
Turn off NFC

i want GPS active (gotta check in)
don't want to carry an extra battery (just one more thing to keep track of)

Anything else i can do? I want to get about 18 hours out of her

Thanks

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you dont want to but Im going to guess with "lots of phone calls" youre going to need that extra battery or 2.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
To check in on facebook, all you need is Google's location service active on your nexus. My GPS is always off unless I'm driving. :)

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
To check in on facebook, all you need is Google's location service active on your nexus. My GPS is always off unless I'm driving. :)

What's this and how's it work? Because I just realized the weather channel widget I just d/led changes locations without turning GPS on. Pretty cool but it made me wonder how.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What's this and how's it work? Because I just realized the weather channel widget I just d/led changes locations without turning GPS on. Pretty cool but it made me wonder how.

it basically pings the cell towers in the area and gets a general location (pretty accurate actually usually to withing 1000 meters)

check it out, open up maps without gps and without being connected to wifi. it will get your location pretty quickly and accuratley.

this is the same method CSI uses to know where you were the other night that chick went missing.....:p

also, some other stuff to do...if you are on a ROm with toggles, toggle data off when you aren't using it. it only takes a few seconds to pick up data so keep it off until you want to check in or whatever. you will still get texts/calls with data off.
and turn off haptic feedback (under settings>sounds) it may not save much but it will help a little.

but i would assume with 3g only and no syncing you can get through 18 hours.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
You could also throw it into Airplane Mode after you check in and have some stretches not needing the phone...

I agree. Put it in Airplane mode when your not using it. It will last several days. I only do this when I know I won't be around power for a long time.

You could also get spare battery. It will come in handy in the future.

jakeh0

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
with 3g turned off and brightness at about 25% i still had to go to a second battery at about 7PM im glad i still had it