Android updating?

fminusfminus

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
When I rebooted my phone it showed "android updating". And when I checked the version number it was still 4.0.2. Anyone else get this or know what this is?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I just think it was a standard, basic update of stuff. It certainly wasn't a full OS update.

PhilD

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
When I rebooted my phone it showed "android updating". And when I checked the version number it was still 4.0.2. Anyone else get this or know what this is?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

my phone did this after i attempted to replace the stock mms.apk with a blacked out version that everybody claimed was safe on the stock (odexed) but rooted ROM. of course it wasn't. phone locked up shortly afterward. ended up having to factory reset.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
mine did it the other day and did nothing. someone said I may have started Odin. Every google app EXCEPT the market updated to play music, play videos, etc.

But market is still market.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
mine did it the other day and did nothing. someone said I may have started Odin. Every google app EXCEPT the market updated to play music, play videos, etc.

But market is still market.

My market upgraded when I went into "Play Music" and hit an offer to go to the music store, give that a shot

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i got that same thing today happened after a random reboot and now it seems like my icons in the bottom drawer dissapear and take a few sec to show back up

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anytime you see that Android Updating its because an Application has changed or like someone already mentioned you cleared cache/dalvik cache.

If your a frequent ROM flasher you will see this whenever you flash something new and reboot your device.