pictures showing up as video in texts?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having a rather odd problem, when iphone users send me pictures, my nexus chooses to play them as videos, so i have to wait for the picture to pop up, and when it does its super tiny. Any settings I can use to fix this?

reg1233

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You can press & hold that particular picture text message....click save attachment...& the set of pics will be individually saved to your picture gallery. You can then view, zoom, etc...

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You can press & hold that particular picture text message....click save attachment...& the set of pics will be individually saved to your picture gallery. You can then view, zoom, etc...

This is what I do.

Its rather annoying but thats how it happens when iPhone users send more than 1 pic at a time over MMS.

Crazy_Jim

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This is what I do.

Its rather annoying but thats how it happens when iPhone users send more than 1 pic at a time over MMS.

It happens when my buddy sends multiple images from his android phone as well... it's not just iPhones. It's Android's ty handling of the incoming pictures...

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell, it happens that way when anyone sends multiple pics, it's a slideshow.

The problem is when a person sends one pic and it comes in as a slideshow.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This happens when anyone types a message before attaching the pictures. Advise your friends to send the picture by itself, or to type after adding the picture.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just searched (google) for this problem again to see if there was a fix.. I'm back on this thread a year later and still no results. Can't believe Google hasn't fixed this. It's also happened when a buddy sent me a photo from his S3. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of people with this problem, i know it's not my rom, since I've flashed several and all have had this problem.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Iphone pictures show up as videos it's annoying. My iphone friends now facebook message me pictures as a work around. Much better.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having a rather odd problem, when iphone users send me pictures, my nexus chooses to play them as videos, so i have to wait for the picture to pop up, and when it does its super tiny. Any settings I can use to fix this?
This happens to me, too. What I do is long press the text message and then save attachment. Then view it in the download folder.

Nicholas Martin

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
If you type a message with the picture it comes as a video, if you send the exact same picture alone it comes as just a plain picture. I really wish Google would fix this already, my iPhone sent picture messages so easily without the headache of having to download them to my phone first.

westgoingzax

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem when people either send me multiple pictures in a message or text and pictures in the same message: it shows as a slide show and I can't download the pictures. I am using the standard Messaging app for Nexus 4. This is the solution that works for me:

1 Click on the header of the message before clicking on the picture itself.
Picture1.jpg

2 A dialog box opens; select "Save attachment."
Picture2.jpg

3 Navigate to your Downloads folder and viola! your pictures are there separately.
Picture3.jpg

Razzmone

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
This is what I do.

Ya I thought I had something checked or not checked in my settings...😕 I have a Droid Turbo Maxx and yes it is rather annoying to do that. Because maybe I don't want to save them, then I have to delete them😠

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for that workaround.

The Messaging and Gallery apps have since been updated.

1. Depending on your phone or Android OS you may not be able to view the header of the message. In that case press on the right or left side of the image.
2. In addition, when you select "Save Attachment", the photos will be automatically downloaded into your Gallery. (In your Gallery you will find an album labeled Downloads).

View attachment 2335812.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: