1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default market deleted

Ive had this happen on my tablet too. My matket place has just deleted itself on my nexus now. Any one else have this happen? I see google is doing google play so they are changing some stuff. Any one else having this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

It's now called "Play Store" and not Market.

Lame.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

well it took another 2 hrs for play store to show up. Almost did a factory reset.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Default Re: market deleted

Usually, as soon as your phone updates to Google play, it deletes your shortcut. You should automatically have the new app showing. You just need to manually create another shortcut.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

My shortcuts went away on both my Xoom and GNexus. I had to place new shortcuts on my home screens.

I still have both Market icons the same as before (one in App drawer, one in the Google folder on my HS). The Market looks about the same to me, except they're pimping some 0.25 goodies.

You guys don't keep up with Google news?

I haven't received "Play" on my Galaxy Nexus yet. I still have the regular Market. However, I did get "Play Music" which replaced Music and "Play Movies".

On my Galaxy Tab Google removed Market and replaced it with Play.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
    You guys don't keep up with Google news?
    Verizon sent a text out saying the update would occur. My problem was I wasnt told Id be without a market or google play for a few hours. Most updates happen fairly quickly.

When I went to the Market I had to agree to "Play", but the Market icon is still there, Music and Video are the same too. Maybe Google doen't like me

ROM

After agreeing to the EULA, Market disappeared in my Google folder. But, "Play Market" appeared in the Apps drawer. "Play Market?", meh.

I guess if I try to access the Music icon in the Google folder it will do the same, methinks.
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

I still have yet to get the change from Market to Play Market as well. Wonder what the hold-up is.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

i still have my market app but it updated the video and music apps..weird
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Maybe you have to be on Wifi to update. I think I set my phone that way.

My Market updated to the Play Store. It removed the Market shortcut I had on my home screen. It also won't allow me to add the new shortcut....well it does but then it goes away. Weird.
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.

My Xoom updated...nexus didn't even tho I had to agree to a new eula. Weird. Market icon still there.
    In other news...my iPad still doesn't have the android market at all. 8-)

Android Market(play store) disappeared itself from my screen today oO
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    Android Market(play store) disappeared itself from my screen today oO
    Mine updated this morning as well.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Had my shortcut disappear today. Browsed the market for a few minutes, backed out of it. Then went into the Facebook app for a minute and backed out of that and the shortcut was gone! Happened in the span of a minute or 2. I was immediately able to create another shortcut from the app drawer, but still that's the first time anything like that has happened. Strange.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

When the market changed to the play store on both my devices it was instant.
    I clicked on the market got a pop up saying it was changing to play store and going the steps had to agree and then icon changed with just play store icon showing.
    The old market icon was gone .I just have the play store icon no old market icons at all.
    I didnt have a shortcut on nexus but did have on incredible.It changed the shortcut on incredible as well as in app drawer.
    I got a text message from vzw about it to shortly before the change occured.
    Mine changed yesterday
    sent from my Galaxy Nexus