Apps or performance?

What's more important, apps or performance?

• Total voters

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With every smart phone I've had, I've noticed that speed has slowed over time just as it does with a PC. I'm sure that this has to do with the number of apps installed and with how many run in the background. What is more important to you, keeping performance up or having lots of apps?

Also, what apps in particular seem to slow your GNex down the most? Did you keep them or uninstall them?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't understand why seeing how many apps you can install should be a goal. Sure, there are 300,000+ apps available, but that's not so you can install them all...it's just so that whatever you need hopefully exist. How many can you actually use?

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't understand why seeing how many apps you can install should be a goal. Sure, there are 300,000+ apps available, but that's not so you can install them all...it's just so that whatever you need hopefully exist. How many can you actually use?

I agree, it isn't about installing apps you won't use just to see how many you can install. I use my phone to do many things and I have a lot of apps. Maybe some people buy a smart phone and then only use it to call, text, and surf, but to me it is a mini computer that I use much more often than my PC (not counting my work PC). If I install an app that looks interesting and a few weeks later I realize I haven't used it much, then I uninstall it. This is more about seeing how much your phone slows down from having AND using a lot of apps. Do you miss having the speed that you had when you first got the phone? I do, but functionality is a bit more important than speed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante