1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change unknown caller/contact photo?

How can I change the unknown caller contact photo from the stock one to a different photo? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lakedubvt View Post
    How can I change the unknown caller contact photo from the stock one to a different photo? Thanks
    I'd say that you could add Unknown Caller as a Contact, and then add whatever photo.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The image I am wanting to change is the stock photo that comes up when you receive a call from a number that is not in your contacts or you don't have a photo for that person

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Re: How to change unknown caller/contact photo?

Mmmmm.............. this is quite nice idea, unfortunate i have no idea. I really like to know how to do it, that's why i comments this thread for subscribe it via control panel, not for spam.
    This is my Signature, Ops

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by bannfacebookk View Post
    I'd say that you could add Unknown Caller as a Contact, and then add whatever photo.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network
    You can't save the unknown callers as a contact though, no option. Unless you're saying create a new contact, label them unknown and just don't put in a phone number?
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by orlanka View Post
    You can't save the unknown callers as a contact though, no option. Unless you're saying create a new contact, label them unknown and just don't put in a phone number?
    pretty sure thats not going to work, the id system works on a phone number/email basis, not name of the contact.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Got it. I unzipped the phone.apk and found the photo I was wanting to change. Renamed my my photo to replace it. Then flashed it. Thanks for help though

ROM
    4.0.4 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by lakedubvt View Post
    Got it. I unzipped the phone.apk and found the photo I was wanting to change. Renamed my my photo to replace it. Then flashed it. Thanks for help though

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm an iPhone convert- I've had my Galaxy Note now for 1 day and trying to learn as much as I can. I really want to blank out the default image for contacts with no photos.

Based on the above info, is there a tutorial on how I cand perform the above steps and save the changes?

Thanks so much.

Hello,
    I came across this thread while searching for a way to change the default/blank contact photo on my samsung galaxy s3 mini. Without having to go in and assign a specific image to each of my contacts.

Did you ever figure out how?
    Thanks!