Customizing notification -e.g new email, new message

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

How do I customze sounds for different events - e.g. new email has one sound and new instant message has a different sound?

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Any way to change the icons to show number of messages? The little guys at the way top aren't too noticeable. On my old phone the main icons on the screen would have numbers over them to show the number of emails and texts.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Any way to change the icons to show number of messages? The little guys at the way top aren't too noticeable. On my old phone the main icons on the screen would have numbers over them to show the number of emails and texts.

That's the iOS style of notifications. Once you start getting a large number of notifications from a large number of apps, I think you'll appreciate the way Android aggregates them.

3rd party launchers like ADW offer (with an addon) the option to get #'s on the icons for GMail, SMS, and Calls, but theres no way to do this universally across all apps in the system. Its just too messy.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
That's the iOS style of notifications. Once you start getting a large number of notifications from a large number of apps, I think you'll appreciate the way Android aggregates them.

3rd party launchers like ADW offer (with an addon) the option to get #'s on the icons for GMail, SMS, and Calls, but theres no way to do this universally across all apps in the system. Its just too messy.

Windows mobile was doing that before ios came around.

Since google changed the gmail api there are no 3rd party notifications for gmail. The exception being an app that will need your gmail password in order to show the notification.
Handcent and go sms will show the number of unread sms.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

It would be nice (for my older eyes) if I had the number of voice mails, text messages, and emails above the icon like I did on my ET4G. The items in the very top are of my screen - e.g. BT, wifi, battery are very small for my eyes to make out. Actually -now that I look at them - they are much more faded than the rest of the screen - is there a way to turn up the brightness on those items? or change them from grey to white or some other color?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech