Customize Automatic Text Reply Message

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
When an incoming call comes in, the GNX gives you the option to accept the call, reject the call, or respond with a pre-selected SMS message.

Is there a way to customize these messages or are they all stock responses?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Go into the phone dialer, tap the 3 dots and then tap settings>Quick Responses. Tap on the response you want to edit. Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Stock responses... Same basic response options on any Android phone to my knowledge...

I've seen them written in the framework files so I'm guessing they are not changeable in any way.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
When an incoming call comes in, the GNX gives you the option to accept the call, reject the call, or respond with a pre-selected SMS message.

Is there a way to customize these messages or are they all stock responses?

Hey thanks! I never even noticed those three dots there on the Dialer screen. i looked all through the settings for this and couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks! I never even noticed those three dots there on the Dialer screen. i looked all through the settings for this and couldn't find it.

Thanks!

No problem... Check the Play Store you might be able to find an app that allows a custom response/message

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
No problem... Check the Play Store you might be able to find an app that allows a custom response/message

umm i think he was thanking me lol

you can change the responses in the stock dialer settings :D

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Your correct, my fault.. Sometimes you get off course replying to messages from Tapatalk :)

No worries, not to get off topic but is tapatalk that much easier to use? I dont check forums when on my phone very often but notice a lot of people use it.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No worries, not to get off topic but is tapatalk that much easier to use? I dont check forums when on my phone very often but notice a lot of people use it.

Yes, it really makes it much easier to work with forums on a mobile device. Once I got comfortable with the UI, and set up my Favorites, I never reverted to using the browser for forums, unless it doesn't participate in Tapatalk, and then I'm reminded how much easier it is with Tapatalk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk