1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact Syncing Error

Wondering if anyone has had this happen recently:

There was no notification, I just happened to be looking in my sync settings and noticed that my Google contacts have a sync error. Quote: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Every thing but the contacts are syncing, and my last successful contact sync was on 3/3/12.

If no one else has this problem, I probably just need to remove my account and set it up again.

Thanks
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Default Re: Contact Syncing Error

I've seen that here and there, however, my galaxy nexus is rooted.

Did you try to force the syncing process?

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm rooted too, and have tried forcing the sync several times

EDIT:
    I found an answer, went to app management and cleared data for the app called "Contact storage", then forced the sync, and all seems to be good.
    Last edited by syncap8; 03-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Mine has intermittently been doing this for a few months too.

I found another solution in my case: i went into contacts on my S3 phone, and chose "groups", there i found 38 "unassigned" contacts. I proceeded to assign them all to some group, if not at least "my contacts". then requested a sync, and voil !

I have had the same problem for months. Tried clearing data. Tried merging contacts. Neither worked. Does anyone know what this problem is and how to really fix it?

I had the same problem, mine was go contacts app. Un installed it now syncs all the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I had the same problem with Nexus 4 last time, it fixed after i removed a few contacts from groups (friends, family), now it can sync perfectly.