1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reboots?

So I picked up my new Nexus on the 2/29. The first week I had a reboot when attempting to install from the market. The phone shut down and required a battery pull to power it back on. No problems for a week. This week I have had two instances of reboots. One was when I was trying to get voicemail it shut town requiring me to push the button to power on. Yesterday I was watching a youtube video and all of a sudden the sound started to skip and the phone rebooted.

After looking on line it would seem the Nexus on 4.0.2 has reboot issues. Should I wait to see if the next update fixes it or should I return it? I like the phone other than the random power on off issues. I really hate having to return a phone until I get one that works. If this is a semi normal thing that will be fixed with 4.0.4 Im willing to tough it out. I purchased at Costco so im protected under the 90 day. I think today would be the 14 day for return if I want to get out of the Nexus.

Any insight would be welcomed.

Halcyon
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Default Re: Reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    So I picked up my new Nexus on the 2/29. The first week I had a reboot when attempting to install from the market. The phone shut down and required a battery pull to power it back on. No problems for a week. This week I have had two instances of reboots. One was when I was trying to get voicemail it shut town requiring me to push the button to power on. Yesterday I was watching a youtube video and all of a sudden the sound started to skip and the phone rebooted.

After looking on line it would seem the Nexus on 4.0.2 has reboot issues. Should I wait to see if the next update fixes it or should I return it? I like the phone other than the random power on off issues. I really hate having to return a phone until I get one that works. If this is a semi normal thing that will be fixed with 4.0.4 Im willing to tough it out. I purchased at Costco so im protected under the 90 day. I think today would be the 14 day for return if I want to get out of the Nexus.

Any insight would be welcomed.

Halcyon
    Yes, 4.0.2 does have reboot issues for many, as does 4.0.4 actually. I am under the assumption that there are apps on the market that arent ICS optimized yet that are causing it, along with the fact that ICS itself isnt completely optimized yet. My phone used to reboot itself about once a week, and I could live with that.

I only ever have had to do a battery pull once because of the phone freezing up. Every other time it froze it rebooted itself. Not sure whether or not u should be concerned about having to push the power button to get it to boot after a freeze like that, probably nothing to worry about.

Lately, I have been able to go an extreme amount of time without a reboot (Im also on 4.0.4 though). Take a look, 300+ hours of uptime:

That was taken about 10 minutes ago :P So yeah, it gets better. The question is can you live with it until then?
    Last edited by Poseign; 03-14-2012 at 10:05 AM.