sleep of death

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this sleep of death (SoD) thing with ICS, stocked, 4.0.2?

I have experienced this a few to many times and started thinking what I did or might of installed to cause it.

I realized that I just recently enabled the PIN security feature on the phone, my pin code was in the range of 8 digits long. For a week, I had to pull my battery once or twice a day due to the SoD. What I would do with my phone is wake it up, enter the pin, check soemthing really quick and press the power button to sleep it.

After a few times of doing this, the phone would enter SoD and a power pull has to be done. Since Monday, I have removed the PIN and just do a slide to unlock and have yet to pull the battery once.

GNLady

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It has happened to me usually in the middle of the night. Once I plug it in the phone turns back on. Sometimes the batter is almost full. I don't know what or what the cause. But it has happened at least 3 times to me.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
well there goes that theory, my phone entered SoD last night. getting a bit pissed off because you don't know it is not working until you try to use it again. Wp7 sucked ass but at least it never locked up and became useless.

migamix

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
like most... I have found this only happens overnight... meaning.. no wake-up alarm..
I'm narroing it down as much as. I can... problem happens mostly after using any lean kernel after version 2.4.1
untweaked
I'm thinking it has to do with the sleep policy of newer kernal builds...

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
this happens to me as well at least once every few days. currently i am on codename 1.5 but it happened on older versions and stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech