wth is going on with my nexus - charging problems

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
theres something wrong with my nexus right now. i cant tell if it is charging or not.. the battery icon the notif bar shows that its charging but sometimes t he lockscreen wont notice it as charging. and even though it shows that its charging my battery is still dropping im not even pushing it either its at zero brightness and im barely using the screen.. someone please help

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: wth is going on with my nexus

There might be a problem with the usb port. If it persists, and you can replicate it, i would take it into verizon for a replacement unit.

If you dont want to do that, you might want to try a factory reset but that will erase everything on your phone and the sd-card memory, and i dunno how likely it is to help but it might be worth a shot.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

The battery icon in the status bar always shows the lightening bolt when the phone is plugged in. "Even if it's fully charged!"

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

The first thing I would do is pull the battery (while the phone is still on). Leave it out for a minute or so, put it back in and see if goes back to normal. Sometimes these mini computers need a hard reboot.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The battery icon in the status bar always shows the lightening bolt when the phone is plugged in. "Even if it's fully charged!"

Same here. Even on replacements and others I've seen, which presumably means the icon is always like that if charging.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i guess my charging cord was faulty bc i got a new one and the problem went away it seemed like the phone knew it was plugged in but wasnt charging

The lightning? Weird. It did it with the customer service model as well so I presumed the icon just indicates it's plugged in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or is the GNex very sensitive to charging cords? It really is picky and if I don't use my factory cord, there is always a chance that it won't charge.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or is the GNex very sensitive to charging cords? It really is picky and if I don't use my factory cord, there is always a chance that it won't charge.

The only time I have had a problem with the charging is when I used a rapid charger car charger on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC